Bissell Centre -Accounting Technician (Permanent, Full-time)
Accounting Technician (Permanent, Full-time)
Through our vision of eliminating poverty in our community, and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, our work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals. For more information, please visit www.bissellcentre.org
Bissell Centre is growing and in need of a passionate and skilled Accounting Technician. The key function is to perform accounting by maintaining numerous and diversified departmental accounts and records. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. The goal is to contribute to the operation of the department and help Bissell Centre be fully aware of its financial condition.
This is a permanent, full time position and reports to the Manager of Accounting.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Process journal entries
- Verify accuracy in the data processing of accounting information
- Prepare weekly deposit and process donations according to CRA and Bissell Centre guidelines
- Enter data for social enterprises’ revenues and process donations
- Ensure financial data in databases is accurate and up to date
- Process Petty Cash and Gift Card disbursement requests
- Provide back-up support to Donor Relations with data entry into CRM system
- Apply fundamental accounting practices and controls to a variety of financial transactions
- Provides customer service in a professional manner for inquiries (internal and external)
- Maintain filling for accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Aid senior accounting staff as assigned
- Assist with other projects as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Accounting Technician Certificate or Diploma
- One to three years of related accounting experience
- Previous experience in the Non-Profit sector would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with Sage 300 and intermediate Microsoft Office capability, specifically Excel
- Familiarity with issues of poverty and Edmonton’s urban core and knowledge of relevant community and government resources
- Ability to portray a superior level of professionalism and adhere to a strict policy of confidentiality
- Proven demonstration of independence and entrepreneurialism
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality, effective services to staff with excellent organizing abilities and an attention to detail
Additional Screening Requirements:
- Criminal Record Check
- Child Intervention Check
Bissell Centre offers flexible working hours and above average industry benefits including; employer subsidized medical and dental benefits, life insurance, disability, outstanding vacation and more!
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter via the Bissell Centre website, www.bissellcentre.org by October 14, 2019 to:
10527 - 96 Street
Edmonton, AB T5H 2H6
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.