Bissell Centre - Business Development Representative (Full Time)
Business Development Representative (Full Time)
Are you interested in doing what you love while contributing to the greater good of the community? Bissell Centre is looking for a results-driven representative to actively seek out and engage employer prospects in our Business Development Representative role.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Create and establish a network of employers for daily casual and permanent placements
- Produce marketing materials and drive brand awareness
- Expedite the resolution of employer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Meet with and assess the employment needs of potential employer partners. Clarify work conditions, expectations, and develop a plan to integrate program Participants into their workforce in either a transitional or full-time capacity
- Host one job fair each year to attract new employers
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Marketing, Sales or a related area
- Direct sales and marketing experience
- Entrepreneurial drive and motivation
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, result oriented, good time management, strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- An Alberta Class 5 license and vehicle is required
- Sufficient Drivers Abstract
- Criminal Record Check
- Child Intervention Check
Bissell Centre offers above average industry benefits including employer subsidized medical and dental benefits, life insurance, disability, flexible health spending account, outstanding vacation and more! This is a full-time position, working 37.5 hours per week. Early mornings, and occasional evenings and weekends will be required.
Through our vision to eliminate poverty in our community and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, Bissell Centre’s work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. Our mission is to work with others to empower people to move from poverty to prosperity. We enable people to meet their own basic daily needs, participate in community, have sustainable livelihoods, feel hope for the future and make plans for a prosperous life.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by June 23, 2019
Manager of Employment Services
10527 - 96 Street
Edmonton, AB T5H 2H6
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.