Boys and Girls Club -- Big Match Facilitator
Bigs Match Facilitator - Competition Number: MF0919
Position(s) Available: One (1)
Status: Full-Time (37.5 hours per week) – One year contract
Salary Range: $41,500-$47,000 annually
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Providing support and monitoring to mentoring matches to ensure that children are in safe, constructive, satisfying relationships that are having a positive impact.
- Fulfilling the community based program standards and expectations from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada and BGCBigs.
- Working to create and foster constructive, strength based and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers.
- Working as a team to communicate the needs of children and families who are accessing programs.
- Maintaining up-to-date electronic casework notes, statistics and other required reporting in compliance with relevant standards, policies and processes.
- Building relationships with other service providers and resources to further assist the children, families and volunteers they support.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree or diploma in the areas of child and youth development, volunteer management, education and/or social work.
- A minimum of 3 years combined experience in a role involved with child and youth programming, case management, volunteer management and partnership development.
- The ability to work effectively with children and youth and have a solid understanding of child and youth issues.
- Experience working with volunteers and an understanding of volunteer processes.
- Demonstrated good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to exercise good judgement and sound decision making.
- Ability to work 2-3 evenings per week.
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle.
Candidates must be capable of performing independently as well as part of a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Boys and Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area really is “a great place to be”. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a supportive work environment, excellent benefits package and rewarding career opportunities.
Please forward your resume quoting the competition number listed by September 25, 2019 to:
Attention: Human Resources
E-mail to email@example.com
No phone calls please. All applicants are thanked for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.