Boys & Girls Clubs - Club Coordinator
Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area is an organization that believes in
the promise of all children. Our team works with community volunteers, partners and other
supporters to create safe environments for children to be between school and home and to
provide caring mentoring relationships for children and youth. In 2019, we expect to support
nearly 5,000 kids and their families through a variety of programs.
Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters is seeking individuals interested in the following position(s):
Competition Number: CC0719
Position(s) Available: One (1)
Status: Full-Time Temporary Position (37.5 hours per week)
Salary Range: $49,453-$54,587 annually
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Managing the daily operations of the Club with a focus on the development and
advancement of community partnerships and initiatives.
- Working in partnership with the local school and the community to provide programming to
diverse groups of children and youth.
- Responsibility for a small staff team, providing direct supervision of staff and volunteers,
program management and improvement, and partnership development.
- Planning, managing and directing all program efforts including club programs for children
and youth specifically in the areas of physical activity, leadership, arts and culture, health
and nutrition and academic support.
- Coordinating and providing leadership, direction and training to all volunteers participating
at the club ensuring their skills are used to support club programming.
- Building relationships with families and providing opportunities for quality outcomes for
- Collecting and submitting program data/information within a customized database for
program evaluation and improvement.
- Providing a safe environment by ensuring adherences to workplace safety and health
regulations and operating standards are upheld in all programs.
The successful candidate will have:
- University degree or college diploma in the education, recreation or human services field.
- 2 years of previous supervisory experience and 5 years combined experience in a role
involved with diverse child/youth based programming, volunteer management and
- Solid knowledge of child and youth development and out of school programming, volunteer
and program processes, strength based practice and a mentoring philosophy.
- Proven ability to be approachable, understanding, organized and efficient with excellent
problem solving skills
- Experience with newcomer, immigrant and refugee child and youth populations.
- Experience in the delivery of community programs and extensive knowledge of community
collaboration, community resources and services.
- An awareness and understanding of emerging issues facing families in Edmonton and the
community resources available for families in that area is an asset.
- Proven ability to provide quality outcome based programs, services and opportunities for
children and families. Can be counted on to meet and exceed goals and able to get positive
results from others.
- Skilled, comfortable and accurate entering data into an electronic system and working with
MS programs particularly SharePoint, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Fluency in Arabic or Somali an asset.
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work 4-5 evenings a week to 8:00 or 9:00pm
Candidates must be capable of performing independently as well as part of a team environment
and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Boys and Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area really is “a great place to be”.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a supportive work environment, excellent
benefits package and rewarding career opportunities.
Please forward your resume quoting the competition number CC0719 by Wednesday, August 7,
Attention: Human Resources
E-mail to email@example.com
No phone calls please. All applicants are thanked for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.