Business Analyst Work Experience (Parks and Roads Services)
Business Analyst Work Experience Student (Parks and Roads Services)
Job Number: 37483
1 temporary full-time position for 8 months intended specifically for students currently enrolled in a supply chain, or general business co-op or equivalent post-secondary work experience degree program, commencing in January 2020
Intro: Working for the Parks and Roads Business Integration team, this role will be exposed to planning, scheduling, developing and managing contracts for multiple business areas. The successful applicant will learn key project management skills and a fundamental understanding of public procurement laws and regulations.
● Prepare procurement call-up documentation and templates
● Conduct procurement industry best practice research, identify and assess approaches in other municipalities to support
● Support with the completion of procurement and contract risk assessment using pre-established tools
● Receive and respond to vendor queries throughout the procurement process
● Complete vendor/supplier reference checks
● Liaise with Corporate Partners (CPSS, Law, Risk, IT, Employee Services) in collaborating to effectively manage procurement lifecycle
● Support the creation and updating of portfolio management related dashboards
● Take meeting minutes as required
● Ensure records are in compliance with City policy and procedures
● Compile data and use analytical skills to generate comprehensive reports
● Undertake project work, under supervision, relating to procurement
● Other related duties as required
For more career resources, like us on Facebook at City of Edmonton Jobs and check out #StudentSaturdays!
● Currently enrolled in a supply chain, or general business co-op or equivalent post-secondary work experience degree
● Knowledge of procurement is considered as an asset
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to maintain strong working relationships
● Demonstrated ability to apply strategic and critical thinking to business analysis and decision making
● Demonstrated ability using Microsoft Office and Google Applications
● Knowledge of research and statistical methods and techniques
● Demonstrated ability to express ideas and concepts effectively
● Demonstrated ability to prepare and present technical briefs and reports
● Familiarity with performance measurement reporting tools, including terminology and approach is an asset *Please note, as part of your application, you will need to attach an unofficial transcript, and an enrollment verification letter (indicating you are enrolled in a co-op or related post-secondary work experience degree program).
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Salary: $22.799 - $26.599 Hourly
Talent Acquisition Consultant: SFH/NG
If you are a student with a disability that requires accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact: Mark Farr,
Recruitment Outreach and Program Consultant, People with Disabilities at 780-496-2851
Classification Title: Student Work Exp 4YR Post Secondary
Posting Date: Oct 1, 2019
Closing Date: October 15, 2019 11:59:00 PM (MDT)
Number of Openings (up to): 1 - Student Position Full-time
Union: CSU 52
Department: Parks and Roads Services
Work Location(s): Century Place, 20th Floor, 9803 - 102A Avenue Edmonton T5J 3A3