Camp Evergreen Summer Positions
Camp Evergreen is a Christian camp near Sundre AB, that seeks to see lives transformed by the power of Jesus. Each summer we have approximately 1000 campers come through our programs and we get to have a blast with them as we share the love of Jesus Christ. This summer we are seeking people to join our staff team that want to partner with us in this mission.
Camp Evergreen has various positions available:
Primary Resource to Cabin Leaders (2 positions, preferably 20+ years)
- Works with cabin leading staff as a support and peer leader. The Head Counselors are the "go-to" person for Cabin staff when working through challenging cabin and camper situations
(homesickness, cabin unity, bullying). May be required to call parents to problem solve when
challenges with campers arise.
- Head Counselors will organize and facilitate Small Groups and Prayer Teams May to August.
- Assists in Summer Staff Training, mentors and leads Cabin Leaders, and when required, is
involved in basic staff discipline.
- This position requires a flexible, dynamic leader who is passionate about discipleship,
mentoring, resolving conflict, and developing leaders.
Games & Fun (1 position, preferably 20+ years)
- Assists in planning, organizing, coordinating and leading the summer program for Base Camps
in July and August.
- Primary responsibilities during July and August are designing and implementing super fun and
crazy themes and games for summer programs. Works under the leadership of the Program
Team in all areas of program design and delivery.
- Helps to facilitate the Outdoor Education programs in May and June by either working with the
staff or facilitating the program with our Guests.
- Needs to be enthusiastic and have a positive attitude. This person needs to be a team player and requires strong creative and “outside the box” thinking skills.
Developing Leaders Program (2 positions, 1 male & 1 female, preferably 20+ years)
2 or 4-month position
- Intern Directors lead our two 4-week Internship Program for campers going into grade 11 and
12. Our Internship Program is the last stepping stone for campers who would like to become
staff members at Evergreen.
- Responsible for leading spiritual discipleship sessions, guiding personal growth of campers, and
teaching them the skills of the activities. Intern Directors will work with other staff leaders to
help with Intern skill development.
- This position requires a flexible, dynamic and creative self-starter who has a passion for
teaching, discipleship, and developing leaders.
- This is considered a teaching position.
1 position. preferably 20+ years
- Responsible for leading the team that will produce the daily and weekly montage videos. These
videos wil include footage of every camper and every cabin for each week along with a
Speaker's Corner. The "Weekly" and the "Speaker's Corner" will be posted on Evergreen's
Vimeo site once finished.
- Responsible for compiling the eight "Weekly" videos at the end of the summer into one single
- Media Director will take leadership of the Media Team or any staff that is assigned to Media for
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of the Media equipment.
- Responsible for creating one 1.5-2 minute long promotional video by summer's end.
- This positions requires a self-driven personality who is good at time management and is capable
of meeting deadlines on a daily and weekly basis. Persons interested in this position should be
creative, able to work independently and on a team.
Details on Positions:
- 4 Month Positions (April 28th -August 23rd)
- Pay is based on a monthly honorarium (700-900/month), with an opportunity to earn more
through our entrust program or by qualifying for a grant. Please email staff@campevergreen.
com for further information about this. Staff also receive room and board.
- Camp Evergreen is located near Sundre AB
- More details about Camp Evergreen can be found on our website at www.camp-evergreen.com
- To apply for this position please visit our website or click on https://www.campevergreen.
com/staffapplication2019 to go directly to our online application process.