Casual On Call Disability Support Worker
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Casual On Call Disability Support Worker - Westlock - Job ID J0319-0582
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Casual On Call Disability Support Worker - Westlock
Job Type: Casual/On Call
Location: Westlock, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: as needed
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: Varied as needed. Must be able to work day, evenings, nights and weekends
Number of Positions: 4
Compensation: $17.0900 - $20.0000 /Hour
WJS Canada works to improve the lives of persons with developmental disabilities by encouraging them to be self directed and to make their own decisions. In order to build social, communication skills and life skills our team members offer support to encourage and enable independence, self expression and creativity in the persons we serve. Behavioral and health-related support is tailored to their individual needs.
Support and teach skills and competencies that will assist persons with developmental disabilities to pursue and fulfill their goals, objectives and aspirations.
In Your Role You Will
- Demonstrate how to accomplish tasks to acceptable levels, and provides client with the information, tools and resources to best function and enable them to complete tasks and/or make decisions.
- Provide instruction, guidance and support in a helpful and supportive manner.
- Implement person-centered plans designed to support and assist persons in a residential group or private home setting
- Assist individuals to develop personal home living skills or assist with direct care of high needs and/or medically fragile individuals, as required.
- Identify client needs and expectations and respond in a respectful, helpful and responsive manner.
- Be aware of the individual’s physical, social and recreational environments, taking action to minimize risks and maximize participation/inclusion.
- Assist and support individuals to participate in a meaningful way in their personal life planning definition of personal goals.
- Model socially appropriate behaviours (for the individual and the community).
- Administer medical administration or first aid, according to prescribed procedures.
- Participate in shift exchanges, staff communication and communication of issues or concerns.
- Maintain required documentation.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
- MANDATORY - One (1) year experience working with persons with developmental disabilities
- Minimum Grade 12 or Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education or equivalent
- Must have valid Class 5 Driver License with clear driving abstract and reliable transportation
- Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
- A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and pursue active participation and involvement in the community.
- Demonstrated skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, etc.
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
- Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Adults With Developmental Disabilities - 2 year(s)
- Group Home - 2 year(s)
- Supported Independent Living
- Behaviour Management
- Community Living
- Developmental Disabilities
- Individualized program planning
- Life Skills
To apply click on the link below: