Complex Needs Disability Support Worker (2 positions)
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Complex Needs Disability Support Worker (2 positions) - Vegreville, Alberta - Job ID J1019-0650
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Complex Needs Disability Support Worker (2 positions) - Vegreville, Alberta
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Vegreville, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 30+
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: Combination of 8, 10 and 12 hour shifts on a two week rotation and includes evenings and alternate weekends
Number of Positions: 2
Compensation: $21.2000 - $23.6300 /Hour
Closing Date: 31/10/2019
WJS Canada Disability support programs in Vegreville, AB, help adult residents who have developmental disabilities. Personalized planning and programming ensure that residents receive the support they need, from moderate to high level support for clients with complex medical and/or mental health needs.
As a Complex Needs Disability Support Worker, each day you will coach individuals with behavior, emotional or physical challenges, teach citizenship & daily living skills, encourage independence, reinforce strengths that are already in place and offer support within community-based homes and around the community.
In Your Role You Will
• Assist and support individuals with developing and achieving personal goals.
• Ensure individuals basic needs are met, i.e., hygiene, personal care, life skills and social/occupational skills.
• Observe/document needs of individuals in service.
• Assist the person in service with daily tasks at the residence/program facility (May include food preparation, cleaning, etc.)
• Encourage opportunities for social interaction within the community (volunteering, employment, recreational, leisure activities)
• Drive individuals to appointments, day programs, community events, etc..
• Contributes toward design, implementation and evaluation of individual service plans, program specific policies & procedures.
• Communicate/document information that relates to program changes/service recipient changes to peers, ministry representatives and other stakeholders as required.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Minimum Grade 12 or Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education or equivalent
• One (1) year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities & complex needs.
• MANDATORY - A valid Class 5 Driver License with clear driving abstract and reliable transportation
• Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
• A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and pursue active participation and involvement in the community.
• Skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, etc.
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
What WJS Canada does
We believe that together we can make a difference in the lives of others - through Teamwork, Passion & Quality service. Every day our committed team members help individuals, youth and families build confidence and skills to take on life's challenges and break barriers
Our Employees Enjoy
- Training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction.
- Respect for employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties.
- Employee benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
•Adults With Developmental Disabilities - 2 year(s)
•Disability Support - 2 year(s)
•Group Home - 2 year(s)
•Individualized program planning - 2 year(s)
•Personal Support Work - 2 year(s)
•Social Service Worker Diploma - 2 year(s)
•Foundations in Community Disabilities
To apply click on the link below: