Edmonton Sports and Social Club - Game Coordinator
Now you can GET PAID to GET IN THE GAME! Becoming a GC will allow you to get involved and meet new people in the league each night. This is a great opportunity to be a leader and help coordinate ESSC league nights!
This position involves overseeing the games at the gym, setting up the equipment, meeting team captains, starting games, monitoring the action by calling plays or penalties as required and filing game reports to the ESSC office. This is an active job, requiring 2-4 shifts per week.
Start Date: Training begins seasonally. We have 4 seasons annually. Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer.
- Arrive at gym 15 minutes prior to 1st game
- Organize equipment; get ready for the games
- Host a captains meeting before the game; discuss key rules, set expectations
- Monitor the games by assigning penalties/fouls as required, moving along the floor with the action and keeping score
- Complete a game report for each game and submit them online the following day by midnight.
Sports Offered: Basketball, Dodgeball, Floor Hockey, Multi-Sport and Soccer.
Hours: 4-16 hours per week. We have shifts available Sunday thru Thursday. GCs have the ability to be flexible and are able to pick the nights that they are available to work.
Pay: $16.50/hour to start. Raises are available after 2nd, 4th and 8th season. A successful long term GC will reach $19.00/hour going into their 9th working season and $20.00/hour going into their 17th working season with the club. For a breakdown of potential hourly earnings, please see below:
- Sports Background
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
All applicants must complete the Online Pre-interview form. Please attach your resume and cover letter at the bottom of the pre-interview form. Attn. TJ Fairall, Field Staff Manager.