Family Service Specialist - Slave Lake
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Family Service Specialist - Slave Lake - Job ID J0419-0100
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Family Service Specialist - Slave Lake
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: Flexible work week hours as some evenings and weekends may be required to meet the needs of the families WJS supports.
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $26.2500 - $33.3900 /Hour
Closing Date: 16/04/2019
Help WJS Canada build strong families who are resilient to life’s challenges.
The support our team members provide emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family’s strengths and achieve goals to overcome areas of struggle. No two families are alike. Individualized services are based on the belief that the family’s own internal resources can be strengthened and other helpful skills can be developed.
WJS Canada is currently recruiting a Full Time Family Service Specialist who works directly with families, youth and children in Slave Lake, AB and the surrounding community. Working as the primary caseworker, they will counsel and provide therapeutic interventions under the Collaborative Service Delivery model, by coordinating family care teams to provide support and ensure best outcomes for families. Our program structure is one that our staff will become the compass point for the family and others involved in the case.
Working a flexible schedule, the position will require the Family Service Specialist to work regular office hours, as well as evening & weekend hours, up to 40 hr/week. Flexibility is required in order to support families during evenings & weekends when they are gathered together & require the most support.
In Your Role You Will
- Establish trusting relationships with children and families, while assisting them in the development of interpersonal, communication skills, daily living skills, and other areas of interest.
- Provide flexible and responsive client centered support to address children, youth, family or caregiver needs through individual program plans while respecting choices, decisions and needs of families.
- Provide individual and group counseling as appropriate.
- A key component of this position is supporting children and families to connect with resources and organizing ongoing service delivery with stakeholders.
- Collaborate and/or work as a team with community systems (i.e. school), specialized service providers, volunteers and extended family members.
- Conduct family visits in the community and be available for evening/weekend visits and/or on standby as required.
- Attend supervised visits with families that are involved with the Ministry of Human Services.
- Transport individuals or families as required.
- Accommodate and respect cultural, social and religious heritage.
- Follow up on closed case files to ensure family safety and implementation of individual program plans.
• Administrative duties including typing/filing reports, compiling monthly reports, etc.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
- Diploma in Social Services, Bachelor of Social work or similar education. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- 3 years experience working with families in social services field and supporting through various challenges (addictions, mental health, domestic violence, suicide, etc.)
- Knowledge and application of therapeutic and intervention theories and the stages of child development;
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with individuals and groups from a variety of diverse communities and to resolve conflict in an effective manner;
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
- Strong understanding of the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act.
- Valid CPR/First Aid and WHMIS
- Knowledge of aboriginal culture is an asset.
- Training in suicide prevention and cultural sensitivity
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Child and youth care
- Child, Youth And Family Enhancement Act
- Family Care
- Family Services
- Life Skills
- Parent Educator
- Signs Of Safety
- Social Service
- Social Service Worker Diploma
- Social Work
- Social Work Diploma
- Supervised visits
To apply click on the link below: