FASD Community Specialists (2 positions)
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: FASD Community Specialists (2 positions) - Peace Country - Job ID J0319-0184
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: FASD Community Specialists (2 positions) - Peace Country
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Peace River, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 30
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: Flexible schedule up to 30 hours/week
Number of Positions: 2
Compensation: $0.0000 - $0.0000 /Hour
Closing Date: 01/04/2019
The FASD program provides outreach and support services for adults and children affected by FASD, assists clients in obtaining an assessment/diagnosis, and helps connect individuals and their families to other local services.
We are currently recruiting two (2) Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Community Specialists (1 prevention and 1 support) for the Peace Country communities. These professionals provide services to individuals and families/caregivers that are experiencing chronic and persistent challenges related to FASD. The service is intended to support individuals through the assessment and diagnosis of FASD and provide subsequent support and follow up to assist in the implementation of diagnostic recommendations. This position reports to the Program Manager.
In Your Role You Will
- Work with individuals to decrease risk taking behaviors through the development of harm reduction strategies, through home visits and phone consultations
- Develop strength based case management plans and interventions and opportunities to build new, positive relationships.
- Support individuals in understanding the diagnostic process, connecting with diagnostic clinics and accompany individuals to appointments.
- Assist affected individuals (and family members, caregivers, educators, service providers, counselors, etc.) in developing positive daily living strategies.
- Make supported referrals to other services/agencies i.e., AADAC, AISH, justice agencies, housing, treatment/health related services, shelters, Food Bank, Integrative Behaviour Support Services, Parenting Programs, etc.
- Advocate for individuals and educate the community on the specific needs and issues of persons with FASD.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
- Two+ (2+) years of working with individuals or families affected by FASD
- Strong knowledge of FASD outreach, needs and support.
- Diploma or Degree in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Child and Youth Care or other related Human Services equivalency
- Experience and understanding of Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act.
- Valid Alberta Driver’s Licence, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Suicide Intervention and Prevention Training
- Cultural sensitive training.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- FASD - 2 year(s)
- Social Work - 2 year(s)
- Child and Youth Care Diploma
- Child welfare
- Child, Youth And Family Enhancement Act
- Family Service Worker
- Family Services
- Social Service
- Social Service Worker Diploma
- Social Work Diploma
- Social Worker
- Youth Worker
To apply click on the link below: