River West Christian Church - Pastor to Children, Youth and Young Adults
Full Time Position: River West Christian Church (Maternity Coverage)
Targeted Start Date: Aug 2019
River West Christian Church is a growing multi-generational church family situated in West
Edmonton. We are Christ followers who desire to worship, lead and serve as people intent on
following Jesus in all of life. We belong to the Mennonite Brethren family of Churches.
Key Involvement Areas:
- RWCC Staff Ministry Team
- Children’s Ministry – General Oversight & Collaboration
- Youth Ministry – General Oversight & Key Focus
- Young Adult Ministry – General Oversight & Collaboration
Purpose and Role:
This maternity leave position is full time for one year with the possibility of extension. The youth
pastor will serve under the leadership of the Transitional Pastor and the Leadership Team of
River West Christian Church.
In partnership with the staff ministry team, the youth pastor will serve RWCC and focus their
gifts and talents in providing oversight to children’s ministry, leadership to the established youth
ministry and work collaboratively with the young adults involved in the young adult ministry.
- Dependent on God - Experiences a healthy, growing relationship with God
characterized by surrender and a desire to hear and follow God’s leading.
- Personally Balanced/Healthy - Knows and is comfortable with him/herself, practices
and enjoys a well rounded lifestyle, maintains a stable, supportive family environment
and includes the development of friendships and interests beyond vocational ministry.
- Leads Well - Is experienced and growing as a visionary, transparent leader in pastoral
ministry to youth and values growing the church through the empowerment of people in
- Responsive to Community -Engages the community and genuinely welcomes
individuals to take their next step with God.
- Builds Relationships - Makes the development of authentic relationships a priority.
- Responsible to: Jesus
- Transitional Pastor/Leadership Team
- Works Closely with: Children’s Ministry Team
- Youth Leadership Team
- Youth/Young Adults of the church and community
- Staff Ministry Team, Transitional Leaders
- Responsible for: Children’s Ministry Team
- Youth Leadership Team
- Youth Ministry
- Young Adults Ministry
As an ‘equipper of others’ the Youth Pastor will:
- Pursue a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus.
- Model and encourage relational ministry.
- Work collaboratively with the Children’s Ministry team to:
○ Build, develop and resource the volunteers
○ Establish appropriate curriculum
- Ensure that the overall vision for youth ministries meshes with River West’s mission,
values and vision.
- Build, develop and resource leaders to participate in leading a youth and young adult
ministry that calls youth and young adults to become followers of Jesus in all of life.
- Develop and mentor volunteers
- Oversee the budget of the children, youth and young adult ministries.
- Capably handle the administration required to communicate effectively with children,
youth, children/youth parents, young adults and the greater church family as necessary.
- Participate in the Sunday gatherings of the church in collaboration with the Transitional
- Serve in ministries besides youth as time and opportunity allow.
- Clear passion for Jesus and the ministries of Children, Youth and Young Adults
- Able to work independently while relating well to the staff ministry team
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree from a Bible College preferred
- Experience working with children, youth and young adults in either a volunteer or
vocational capacity is required
- Willing to pursue credentialing with Alberta Mennonite Brethren
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Mail to River West Church 19815-45 Ave Edmonton, AB T6M 0M4 780-487-2275