Heart School - Assistant English Teachers in Japan
Public school English language teachers wanted (Japan)
It can be difficult for new graduates and alumni alike to build their job portfolios. Especially in the case of educators, they often must spend years working as substitute teachers before securing a full-time position. At Heart Corporation, we want to offer you the opportunity to gain teaching experience while working abroad. We are looking for native-level English speakers who are good with children and interested in working in Japan near Tokyo (Primarily in Chiba and Ibaraki prefectures). If you are adaptable, charismatic, and have strong presentation skills, you could be just the candidate that we are looking for.
For successful candidates, Heart can provide guidance and visa support to start your life in Japan. Though it is an advantage to have teaching and Japanese language experience, as is having the ability to drive, they are not requirements. Successful candidates will be placed in one or a number of elementary or junior high schools in a given area. They will work alongside the native Japanese teachers with varying degrees of responsibility, ranging from supporting the teacher with live examples of English speaking, to planning and running lessons from scratch. In other words, assistant language teachers work to support our clients as they need it. This is teaching English as a foreign language (EFL), and students will largely be at a beginner level.
More about the job
- Mon-Friday, 6-7 hour shifts plus 1 hour unpaid lunch. Weekends off, National Holidays off, School Holidays off.
- Occasional requirements to work during Saturdays and holidays for special events and extracurricular activities.
- Wages on a per-workday basis (9000-13000 yen, per contract with Board of Education)
- 1-year contract with opportunity to renew each year
About the application process
- From Canada, it can take several months to half a year, in order to process Visa support for our successful candidates.
- Applicants that pass initial screening will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process.
- All interviews are conducted via Skype during Japanese business hours.
For successful candidates
- We will provide Visa support to allow you to work legally in Japan as an assistant language teacher
- We will provide assistance in finding housing within reasonable distance of your workplace
- It is strongly suggested that successful candidates save at least 300,000 yen to cover initial costs of moving to Japan and living expenses up to the first pay day (Paid monthly in the following month of work).
- Candidates are not required to come to Japan before a concrete job offer is given.
- Orientation provided in Japan after job offer.
Email Michael Woods [firstname.lastname@example.org]