Nursery Field Worker' Sunstar Nurseries
POSITION: NURSERY FIELD WORKER
Sunstar Nurseries Ltd., a recognized grower and supplier of ornamental nursery
stock, is currently seeking motivated individuals to work at our Tree Nursery located in
Edmonton. Seasonal full-time or part-time positions will also be considered.
- digging and potting of trees, shrubs and perennials
- operation and maintenance of equipment
- sanitary control of nursery: weeding, cultivating, etc.
- planting, transplanting and pruning of trees and shrubs
- propagation of plants: seeding, cuttings, budding
- shipping and receiving
- numerous other related activities in the operation of a nursery.
- A positive work ethic and attitude and willingness to learn are essential.
- Although no experience is necessary, previous experience and/or education in
horticulture, especially related to the landscape and nursery industry will be an
asset, but not required.
- The applicant should be able to take responsibility and work with a minimum of
supervision and also as a team player.
- Good physical condition and ability to work in a variety of weather conditions.
Wages: $16 an hour – Higher wages considered for education in horticulture
Start Date: April, 2019
Candidates should apply by submitting a current resume in confidence to:
Att: Personnel Department Fax#: 780-472-9218
Sunstar Nurseries Ltd NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
810-167 ave NE E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Edmonton, Ab T5Y 6K9 Website: www.sunstarnurseries.com
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We
thank all applicants in advance for their interest.