Nursery Worker - Arrowhead Nurseries
Job Opportunity: Nursery Worker
We are looking for a friendly, energetic person to work with the propagation of trees, shrubs, and perennials.
- Digging, Pruning, Weeding and Watering
- Organizing and maintaining of tree and shrub beds
- Assisting with budding
- Some experience with spraying would be an asset.
- Potting bare root plants from the field
- Making cuttings, misting & monitoring
- Assisting with pulling orders as well as greeting and directing customers.
- Biology/Horticulture/Agriculture student that is returning to school in the fall of 2019
- Knowledge of Plants
- Physically fit as these are long hours
- Drivers License would be an asset as public transportation is not available to our farm.
- Anticipate 40 hour work weeks with perhaps some overtime in the spring. May be asked to work some Saturdays.
At Arrowhead Nurseries Ltd. we are a family run business that has operated in the Edmonton area for over 25 years. We deal primarily with landscapers, but also sell to home owners. We propagate much of our own plant material on our 80 acre farm and enjoy taking part in the growing process.
Starting Wage: $15 an hour (opportunity for increased wage, depending on experience)
Dates: Starting May 1, ending August 31, 2019.
If interested, please email us your resume to email@example.com