Pleasant Solutions - Administrative Assistant (Junior)
Administrative Assistant (Junior)
Not your everyday junior administrative assistant position. Challenging and fast moving, yet friendly and supportive: a career you will look forward to every day. Work in an environment where every month is different and where administration support is considered one of the most important teams for managing company growth.
- Full time and permanent.
- Time of Day: flexible, you can start at 7am, 8am, or 9:30am each day, so long as you are here 8 hours of work plus your lunch time (eg: 8-4:30pm, or a bit shorter if you use your breaks as your lunch time)
- A great variety in job tasks, every day is a bit different and new!
- General administration to support the team
- Computer internet research
- Filing and data entry
- Answering of phone lines (no outgoing sales calls), taking messages
- Helping organize social events
- Restocking office supplies (shopping runs)
- Office cleanup such as loading dishwasher, disinfecting the kitchen, etc.
- Occasional minor physical duties such as re-arranging or setting up furniture
- Occasional personal assistant duties for 2 managers (shopping runs, pickup dry cleaning, driving to meetings, taking notes, etc.)
- Deliveries to clients or pick-ups
- Inventory control
- Opportunity for advancement and job evolution into a variety of potential positions.
- Genuine appreciation for helping support the team.
- Flexibility in work duties
- Great communication skills
- A "pleasant" personality
- Reasonable computer skills
- For security, a thorough police records check will be required.
- Driver's license and a car to use at least 2 days per week.
- No specific requirements for formal education or industry experience. We evaluate each applicant based on merit rather than formalities.
Nice To Have:
- A habit of smiling frequently.
- Previous experience in an office environment.
About The Work Environment:
- Friendly, non-threatening, and non-political environment.
- Mid-sized company but retaining the speed and flexibility of a smaller company.
- We are a great environment for both outgoing people and those who are very shy and introverted (applicable to non-client facing positions).
- We strive to have every employee sitting near a window for natural light and to have plenty of plants throughout the office; we care about employee health.
- Free onsite massage therapy.
- Private nap rooms for isolated thinking time or for taking a nap if you didn’t sleep well last night.
- Atrium to enjoy the sun during lunch.
- Social events worth remembering (fencing competitions, curling, video game or board game parties, coding competitions, commando combat training, robotics club coming soon, etc).
- An example of our culture: Lunch together is in a very comfy sofa room, and even the quiet types are comfortable there.
- Unlimited access to pillage our kitchens for caffeine, sugar, healthy snacks, soups, and more :)
- Additional perks that are cost-shared like motorized sit-stand desks.
- Task focused: everyone in the company heavily uses centralized to-do lists to stay organized, prioritize, and coordinate.
- Fast paced
- Consistent work/life balance: mandatory overtime is very rare.
About The Company:
- Pleasant Solutions is a dynamic company headquartered in Edmonton, a large satellite office in Toronto/Vancouver, and small satellite offices across Canada and the USA (including in Calgary, Ottawa, Saskatoon, New York, Denver, Boston, etc)
- Silicon Valley kind of excitement and growth potential.
- Fast growth: One of the 200 fastest growing technology companies in North America with 955% growth over 5 years (based on growth rates in published rankings of the 2014 Profit 500 and 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 500). Canadian Profit Guide ranked us #88 out of 500 for fast growth in Canada, announced in Sept 2015.
- Stable and well diversified.
- Full of smart and passionate people whom you can learn from.
- Very low employee turn-over rate, attesting to the value of working here.
- We do a mix of in-house product development, software development services, and IT services. For consulting, we build both large and small custom software for clients who need an internal system or are commercializing an idea. Our in-house products include the high-security Pleasant Password Server, an innovative tool that lets non-technical people build their own web applications using spreadsheets, an event ticketing system, and other business software.
- An innovative software producer with an aim of achieving results in creative ways.
- We develop high quality software you will take pride in. Our company name says it all.
- Socially conscious (for example, we pay for employees to sponsor hundreds of WorldVision children).
- What do you have to lose by exploring the possibility? Applying does not take long and we keep your application confidential (never disclosed to existing employer).
- Apply online today at https://careers.pleasantsolutions.com
- Even if you don't have your resume updated or ready to go, apply anyways, we want to hear from you!
- Please do not apply via email, use only the https://careers.pleasantsolutions.com link to apply.