Program Manager - High Level Family Services Centre
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Program Manager - High Level Family Services Centre - Job ID J0319-0128
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Program Manager - High Level Family Services Centre
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: High Level, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: 8:30 to 4:30 As this is a management position, some evenings & weekends required.
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $0.0000 - $0.0000 /Hour
Closing Date: 01/04/2019
When families are in crisis, WJS Canada keeps families strong through a variety of programs and services, including Early Intervention and Diversion programs, family preservation and reunification and supported family time. We engage and empower families to address the emotional, social, physical and general health aspects of their lives and help them create a support network within their community that can help them reach their goals.
The Program Manager is responsible for the High Level Family Services Centre, as well as, outreach and community based support and services. The Program Manager hires , trains and manages a diverse group of dedicated social work professionals who provide families and youth in crisis with short-term services tailored to meet their needs. Furthermore, the Program Manager uses past management or social work experience to ensure staff and program operations comply with contractual obligations, company policies and procedures, legislation and CARF accreditation standards.
In Your Role You Will
• Interview, hire and train WJS staff.
• Supervise, assign and monitor file caseloads.
• Identify staff strengths and encourage/develop staff through performance management and professional development.
• Facilitate monthly staff meetings.
• Attend weekly Child and Family Services (CFS) conferencing to coordinate and assign referrals
• Advocate for, plan and implement changes in response to family, child & youth client needs/desires and other influences through collaborative service delivery.
• Ensure client files and reports are current and submitted according to schedule.
• Implement program collaborative service delivery model.
• Ensure critical incidents are reported and managed accordingly.
• Maintain knowledge/familiarity with Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act, North West Region Child and Family Services policies.
• Assist Program Director to develop, implement, manage and evaluate high-quality, outcome-based programming.
• Assist in future contract negotiations with funders.
• Collect, organize, prepare and maintain files, records, reports & other correspondence according to agency, ministry and CARF accreditation standards.
• Promote WJS program services and initiatives to support children and families.
• Communicate regularly with community based agencies and professionals involved with families or youth served
• Participate in community development projects
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Degree in Social Work, Child and Youth Work or Business Administration, etc.
• 5 years management experience, preferably in the social work field
• Training & skilled in Signs of Safety, Solution Focused Training, Attachment Theory, Trauma Informed Care and Collaborative Service Delivery, Power to Parent
• Strong interpersonal communications skills; able to foster cooperative work environment and community.
• Strong conflict resolution, mediation and crisis prevention and intervention skills.
• Strong understanding of Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act, relevant legislation, guidelines, policies and standards.
• Experience working with computer/business software programs.
• Valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
• Valid CPR/First Aid certificates
• Training in suicide prevention and cultural sensitivity
• Knowledge of aboriginal culture an asset
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
•Supervisor - 5 year(s)
•Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
•Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
•Child and youth care
•Family Service Worker
•Signs Of Safety
•Social Work Diploma
•Trauma Informed Practice
To apply click on the link below: