WJS Canada - Child and Youth Program Manager (temporary)
WJS Canada -Child and Youth Program Manager (temporary)
Edmonton, Alberta - Job ID J0619-0639
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Child and Youth Program Manager (temporary) - Edmonton, Alberta
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Varies
Scheduled Hours: Mainly daytime, Monday to Friday hours. Occasional evenings and weekends expected.
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $0.0000 - $0.0000 /Hour
Spirit of Our Youth Homes offers trauma informed based services within a culturally enriched environment for First Nations, Metis and Inuit youth ages 3-24 years old. Our trained staff team work to optimize each youth’s potential and strengthen their connections with family and their indigenous community. We provide safe, clean, welcoming homes for children and youth who for various reasons cannot remain in their family homes. We strengthen individuals and their ties to family and community while keeping them connected to and empowered by their culture.
We are looking for an experienced, adaptable Program Manager to oversee two homes for youth and one for PDD adult clients. You must share our values of integrity, resilience, teamwork and be open to cultural involvement.
The Program Manager is responsible for the overall management of their designated programs. Their primary duties are to support and develop employees. The Manager is responsible for providing a safe work environment that fosters a quality approach to program outcomes. This includes compliance with contract and with the company policy and procedures, performance management, training and development of front line employees, administration and financial management.
***This is a temporary position***
In Your Role You Will
• Hire, orient and train youth program staff.
• Identify employee strengths and establish development plans.
• Monitor & approve timesheets and expense claims; ensuring completeness and accuracy.
• Ensure employees adhere to organizational policies, procedures and CAC accreditation standards and that incidents are managed and reported accordingly.
• Coordinate all client intakes and discharges
• Advocate for clients in the youth homes and programs.
• Advise and oversee implementation of individualized service plans and youth programming.
• Provide On-call coverage 1 week of every 3-4 weeks.
• Liaise with Child and Family Services and other external agencies/professionals involved with youth served.
• Promote program services and develop initiatives to support youth and Indigenous culture.
• Participate in development/revision of policies and program operations manual.
• Regularly update the Program Director on staff/program activities and development.
• Complete and/or review monthly/quarterly/annual reports and payroll summaries.
• Assist the Program Director with development and implementation of annual outcomes based program evaluations.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Degree or Diploma in Child and Youth Care, Social Work, Family Services or Human Services field, etc.
• Minimum 5 years experience in Child and Youth Care.
• 2+ years supervisory experience in a social services role.
• A current (within past 6 months) criminal record check and Children’s Services Intervention check prior to confirmation of employment
• Must have - Class 5 Driver’s Licence or GDL (driver for minimally 3 years) with clean driver’s abstract & personal car insurance (2 million in third party liability)
• First Aid/CPR Certificate Level C
• Suicide Intervention, Self Harm, Crisis Intervention and Medication Administration training
• Aboriginal awareness and cultural diversity training and awareness and understanding of Alberta Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act.
• Able to lift 50 lbs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to remain calm, be self-motivated & able to motivate others.
What WJS Canada does
In 2013, Spirit of our Youth became part of WJS Canada, the largest privately-owned national social services company in Canada. While operating autonomously, Spirit has full access to the extensive WJS Canada resources. Each day 600 dedicated WJS employees provide a wide range of proven and innovative services to more than 1300 people in three provinces (British Columbia, ALberta and Ontario). WJS serves many First Nation and Métis communities in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario, emphasizing cultural diversity and respect.
Our Employees Enjoy
At Spirit of Our Youth/WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on Spirit of Our Youth, services and career opportunities, visit www.spirityouth.ca or call 780-474-7140.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Supervisor - 2 year(s)
- Aboriginal Awareness
- Aboriginal culture
- Aboriginal language
- Abuse protocol
- Child and youth care
- Child and Youth Care Diploma
- Child Care Worker
- Child protection
- Child welfare
- Child, Youth And Family Enhancement Act
- Crisis Intervention
- Social Service
- Social Service Worker Diploma
- Social Work
- Social Work Diploma
- Social Worker
- Supported Independent Living
- Youth Worker
To apply go to: