WJS Canada - Community Disability Support Worker (Days) - Westlock
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Community Disability Support Worker (Days) - Westlock - Job ID J0819-0166Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Community Disability Support Worker (Days) - Westlock
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Westlock, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 30 plus
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: 8am-6pm 4 day rotation 4 on 4 off
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $17.0900 - $20.0000 /Hour
WJS Canada's Community Disability Services team in Westlock works to encourage persons with developmental disabilities and mental health challenges to build on their strengths, further develop life skills, overcome barriers and become involved in their community.The Position
The Community Disability Support Worker working 30+ hrs/wk, 4 shifts on, 4 off rotation (8am - 6pm), will use the “tell-show-do” method and positive reinforcement to support the client to acquire/reacquire competencies in: self-help; life skills; job coaching; cognitive retraining; memory aids, etc.In Your Role You Will
• Implement person-centered plans
• Help the individual dream about possibilities, plan and achieve.
• Assist individuals to develop personal home living skills, sometimes hands on care is required.
• Maximize participation/inclusion within home & community
• Minimize risks in the client`s physical, social & recreational environments .
• Model socially appropriate behaviours for the client & community.
• Work with minimal supervision & cooperate with team members to solve problems, resolve conflicts and make decisions.
• Medication administration or first aid, as needed.
• Collect/file information, prepare correspondence, ISPs, and progress reports according to agency, ministry and accreditation standards.
• Participate in shift exchanges & staff communication.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Two (2) years experience working with persons with a developmental disability or mental health diagnoses.
• MUST HAVE - Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License; reliable vehicle, clean driver’s abstract and adequate insurance
• Skills in coaching/assisting individuals in life skills, anger management, daily chores, self help & problem solving, etc.
• Committed to philosophies and principles of community based living for individuals in service.
• Good computer skills - as all files are electronic
• CPR/First Aid & Abuse Protocol training
• Non Violent Crisis Intervention trainingWhat WJS Canada does
Our strength is in our people, our employees, and our culture is caring!
We believe that together we can make a difference in the lives of others - through Teamwork, Passion & Quality service. Every day our committed team members help individuals, youth and families build confidence and skills to take on life's challenges and break barriers.
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, we give employees the tools to do the job, through professional development and skills training. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties, as well as, health and dental packages and innovative wellness programs.For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.comNo telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Adults With Developmental Disabilities
- Aggressive behaviour
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Brain Injury
- Child and Youth Care Diploma
- Community Living
- Community Rehabilitation
- Crisis Intervention
- Foundations in Community Disabilities
- Group Home
- Individualized program planning
- Life Skills
- Restrictive procedures
- Social Service Worker Diploma
- Social Work Diploma
- Supported Independent Living
- Trauma Informed Practice
To apply click on the link below: