WJS Canada - Family Service Specialist (social work) - Bonnyville, Alberta
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Family Service Specialist (social work) - Bonnyville, Alberta - Job ID J0719-0902Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Family Service Specialist (social work) - Bonnyville, Alberta
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Bonnyville, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: Position is 40 hours a week - In addition to office hours, this position involves quite a bit of weekend and evening flex time to accommodate home visits, supervised visits, and travel.
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $27.0000 - $33.0000 /Hour
Emphasizing healthy relationships and individual strengths, our team of highly skilled Family Service Specialists at WJS Canada, assist youth, children and families to work to overcome areas of struggle and set and achieve new goals. Family services are based on the belief that the family’s own internal resources can be strengthened and other helpful skills can be developed.
The Town of Bonnyville is located in northeastern Alberta, approximately 240 kilometers (150 miles) from the provincial capital of Edmonton. A great place to work, play and raise a family, it provides the perfect mix of community services through health, educational, recreation and cultural facilities. Surrounded by lakes and majestic boreal forest it’s a treasure trove of natural wonders. For more information visit: http://town.bonnyville.ab.ca/index.php
WJS Canada is looking for a Family Service Specialist in our Intervention program, to provide high quality supports to children, youth and families with complex issues in Bonnyville, Alberta and the surrounding community. You will be determining family needs through assessments and creating service plans in collaboration with families to build upon strengths and future successes.
A key component of this Collaborative Service Delivery based position is supporting children and families to connect with resources and organizing service delivery with external agencies and professionals within the community. Working a flexible schedule up to 40 hours/week. Applicants must be able to meet with families with complex issues in their homes and the community, when they need the support most (often evenings and weekends when families are together).
In Your Role You Will
• Be a self-motivated, independent individual who is comfortable working with families with complex issues and is willing to work together in a team environment,
• Establish trusting relationships with children and families, while assisting them in the development of interpersonal, communication skills, daily living skills, and other areas of interest.
• Provide flexible and responsive client-centred support to address children, youth, family or caregiver needs through individual program plans while respecting choices, decisions and needs of families.
• Provide individual and group counseling as appropriate.
• A key component of this position is supporting children and families to connect with resources and organizing ongoing service delivery with stakeholders.
• Collaborate and/or work as a team with community systems (i.e. school), specialized service providers, volunteers and extended family members.
• Conduct visits in the family home and/or community and be available for evening/weekend visits and/or on standby as required.
• Attend supervised visits with families that are involved with the Child and Family Services.
• Transport individuals or families as required.
• Accommodate and respect cultural, social and religious heritage.
• Liaise with Child and Family Services and other external agencies/professionals involved with families served.
• Attend regular meetings with contractors and community interagency meetings
• Promote the child and family related program services offered by the Cold Lake Family Services Centre and develop initiatives to support children, youth and families.
• Follow up on closed case files to ensure continued family safety and implementation of individual program plans.
• Administrative duties including typing/filing reports, compiling monthly reports, etc.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Diploma or Bachelor of Social work, Youth Work, Sociology or Psychology or similar education. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• 3 years social work experience working with families with complex issues (addictions, mental health, domestic violence, suicide, etc.) in a human or family services field.
• Demonstrated knowledge of therapeutic and intervention theories and the stages of child development;
• Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with individuals and groups from a variety of diverse communities and to resolve conflict in an effective manner;
• Valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
• Strong understanding of the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act.
• Valid CPR/First Aid and WHMIS
• Knowledge of aboriginal culture is an asset.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.comNo telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Aboriginal - 1 year(s)
- Alberta College of Social Workers - 1 year(s)
- At Risk Youth - 1 year(s)
- Behaviour Management - 1 year(s)
- Behaviour Strategies - 1 year(s)
- Behavioural Intervention - 1 year(s)
- Child and youth care - 1 year(s)
- Child Care Worker - 1 year(s)
- Child protection - 1 year(s)
- Child, Youth And Family Enhancement Act - 1 year(s)
- Community Support Worker - 1 year(s)
- Complex Needs - 1 year(s)
- Diversion - 1 year(s)
- Family Counselling - 1 year(s)
- Family enhancement - 1 year(s)
- Family intervention - 1 year(s)
- Family Service Worker - 1 year(s)
- Family Services - 1 year(s)
- First Nations - 1 year(s)
- Foster care - 1 year(s)
- Harm Reduction - 1 year(s)
- Kinship - 1 year(s)
- Life Skills - 1 year(s)
- Metis - 1 year(s)
- Outreach - 1 year(s)
- Parent Educator - 1 year(s)
- Probation Officer - 1 year(s)
- Restorative Justice - 1 year(s)
- Social Service - 1 year(s)
- Social Work - 1 year(s)
- Social Worker - 1 year(s)
To apply click on the link below: