WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Accounts Payable Clerk
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Accounts Payable Clerk - Job ID J0419-0117
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: Monday to Friday 8-4 or 9-5
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $22.0000 - $25.0000 /Hour
Closing Date: 09/04/2019
Work for an organization that makes a difference in the lives of others!
WJS Canada, a national social services agency, is contracted by the government through over 90 contracts to provide community-based services to children and families, persons with developmental disabilities and at-risk youth. Each day 700 dedicated staff serve approximately 1,300 persons through over 125 services and WJS Canada revenues exceed $34 million annually.
Under the direction of the Financial Manager, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for the administration of all functions related to Accounts Payable for WJS Canada’s programs in Alberta.
In Your Role You Will
- Review and process payment of purchase orders, invoices, statements, vouchers and/or other cheque requests as appropriate for the region
- Draw, verify and post payment cheques and prepares ledger entries.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies by corresponding with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Receive and review cheque requests and other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures and contractual requirements
- Match original invoices and requests for payment with internal purchase requisitions and cheque requests.
- Code, verify and electronically enter accounts payable data into ledgers; reconcile inter-company accounts
- Draw, verify and post payment cheques to appropriate vendors and/or agencies
- Follow up on account statement and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts
- Maintain, log, enter and balance account data and generates A/P listing reports as required
- Provide support activities related to purchasing/procurement, such as answering telephones, assisting with and resolving problems and enquiries
- Other duties as requested by the Alberta Business or Finance Manager.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
- 2+ years Accounts Payable or Receivable experience
- SAGE 300 experience
- Accounting Diploma or Certificate is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit practices.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Proficiency with accounting systems, spreadsheet programs and related applications.
- Good word processing and spreadsheet data entry skills
- Must have a reliable vehicle
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Accounting Clerk - 2 year(s)
- Accounts payable - 2 year(s)
- AP/AR software applications - 2 year(s)
- Business Administration
- Finance Degree
- Financial Management
To apply click on the link below: