Canadian Skin Cancer Foundation - Volunteer Opportunity
The Canadian Skin Cancer Foundation is looking for students to volunteer for our Sun Safety Education program! Our volunteers will deliver 45-minute presentations to grade 5 & 6 students in Edmonton and surrounding areas.
What we are looking for:
- Two-hour time commitment, with travel and prep, for each presentation
- Have availability during school hours (9:00am-3:00pm)
- Enjoys working with children
- Access to a vehicle is highly recommended but not a must
- A friendly, approachable and sociable personality
- Punctual and reliable, able to get to each scheduled presentation on time
How volunteering with us can benefit you:
- Gain public speaking skills and experience working with children
- Chance to meet new people and network
- Add volunteer hours to your resume, scholarships or academic applications
- Attain reference letter after 8-10 presentations
You will be provided with training on how to deliver the presentation to children successfully. Our coordinator will be available to support you and make sure you have a great time!
Sign up at our website or email us with any questions you may have.
Contact: Alejandra Ravenstein
Coordinator of Education and Outreach, Edmonton