Knottwood Kinder School Care & Out of School Care - Volunteer
Volunteer - Knottwood Kinder School Care & Out of School Care
We are a 40 space pre-accredited, licensed Kinder School Care and Out of School care for children in Kindergarten through grade 6. We are an active, outdoor program located in Knottwood Community League’s hall.
We are looking for Volunteers to assist us during our summer programming during the hours of 7 am – 6 pm and during the School year September through June in the mornings 7 – 9 am and afternoons 3 – 6 pm.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic, reliable, confident, and dedicated Volunteers for our Kinder School and Out of School Care program; meant to foster the intellectual and social development of school-age children, from kindergarten to grade six. The program is located in Knottwood Community Hall behind Satoo Elementary School in Mill Woods. Becoming a Program leader of our program includes various responsibilities noted below, briefly outlined as working with the Lead Educator using activities and leadership methods to motivate children, and assure the children’s safety during outdoor and sporting activities Our goal for the program is to teach children with patience, empathy, care, creativity, respect, and to inspire imagination.
- A successful candidate will promote a variety of activities (songs, stories, media, structured games, art, outdoor activities, gross and fine motor skill development, imaginative play, etc.) to motivate and inspire children’s abilities in a safe and caring environment;
- Enjoy being/teaching in nature and participating in outdoor or gymnasium activities
- Flexible with an ability to work in a team orientated community league environment;
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of fostering independence in children and excellent play skills, continually treating children in a respectful, responsible and fair manner;
- Adherence to provincial standards and guidelines associated with confidentiality, licensing, and accreditation, teaching standards and safety regulations;
- Experience caring for children
- Methodical, reliable, motivating, respectful, and creative
- Patience, flexibility and a love for children and their development
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with Parent, children and co-workers
A volunteer interview will be conducted and Police Record Checks will be required. We look forward to meeting you.
Send letter of intent and resume to the contact information below.
Kinder School Care & Out of School Care: www.knottwoodcommunity.ca
Facility: 780 462 7283
Cell/Text: 780 902 6458