Altadore Baptist Church - Strategy and Research Analyst
Altadore Baptist Church
Living Out Our Faith in Our Community
Strategy and Research Analyst
DATE: Summer Break 2018
HOURS: 30 Hours per week
WAGES: $16.00 per hour
Altadore Baptist Church is a small inner-city community church. We have recently identified a plan and opportunity for our next ministry focus supporting the Immigrant, Refugee, and First Nation community in our area. This position would work with a team to develop the strategic plan for this initiative, research and explore possibilities and opportunities available, and identify any available funding.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under direction of the team lead:
- Research assigned tasks for Immigrant, Refugee, and First Nation community needs and connections in our community. This to include but not be limited to: researching schools, churches, Immigrant and Refugee support organizations and community associations to identify gaps in service and alignment to the need.
- Strategize ideas to develop and implement a strategic plan
- Identify key contacts and leaders within the Immigrant, Refugee, and First Nation community and establish contact.
- Liaise with representatives of various levels of government and government supported agencies for information gathering, communication and to identify possible funding and grant initiatives that would further our outreach efforts.
- Identify possible grant and funding opportunities to support the strategic plan.
- Explore community outreach possibilities to enhance our mission to ‘Live out our faith in our community’
- Administrative support as needed
- Other tasks assigned by the Lead Pastor
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum one year post secondary education with experience in communication, research, strategy, statistics, or some other applicable area
- Leadership Skills: work independently and productively on assigned tasks
- Ability to be creative and think outside the box to provide solutions and ideas
- Administrative Skills: good computer and Microsoft skills; plan and organization; keep records; some clerical and office work
- Personal Skills: team player, self-motivated, reliable, responsible, accountable, friendly, enthusiastic, good time-management, able to address the needs and concerns of church settings and committed to Christian values and principles
- Communication: Strong communication skills in all mediums
- Full-time student (to meet possible grant requirements)
If you are interested in this position, please submit resume to email@example.com
Deadline for application is April 9, 2018
4304 16 Street SW
Calgary Alberta T2T 4H9