Child & Family Services Program Supervisor - High Prairie - Job ID
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Child & Family Services Program Supervisor - High Prairie - Job ID J0218-1056Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Child & Family Services Program Supervisor - High Prairie
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: High Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: 8:30 to 4:30 As this is a management position, some evenings & weekends required.
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $34.0000 - $40.0000 /Hour
Closing Date: 15/03/2018
WJS Canada reunites and strengthens families by providing personalized supports, connecting individuals to their communities and establishing long term support. Sensitive to past trauma that children, youth, and families may have experienced and the part it plays in building a strong future, we apply proven child and youth development principles to encourage healthy growth, foster positive life changes, offset influences that hinder development and strengthen attachment to family and social relationships.
The Program Supervisor/Lead Practice Specialist for Collaborative Service Delivery is responsible for day to day operation of the Family Services Centre to ensure staff and program operations comply with contractual obligations, company policies and procedures, legislation and accreditation standards. Also oversees implementation of each file for their designated office through use of the WJS CSD team, community and direct supports. This position reports to the program director.
In Your Role You Will
• Recruit, select, orient and train WJS staff.
• Supervise, assign and monitor caseloads.
• Provide accurate and timely feedback and lead performance management appraisal/review process.
• Identify employee strengths and work with employees to establish plans and/or professional plans for development.
• Facilitate monthly staff meetings.
• Coordinate and assign referrals through attendance of weekly CFS conferencing
• Ensure client files are appropriately maintained and reports are recorded on Penelope and submitted according to schedule.
• Advocate for clients in the program.
• Implement program service delivery model.
• Ensure incidents are managed and reported according to WJS policy and procedures.
• Maintain knowledge/familiarity with Child, Youth and Family Enforcement Act, North West Region Child and Family Services policies
• Liaise with external agencies/professionals involved with families served.
• Attend regular meetings with contractors and community interagency meetings
• Promote program services and develop initiatives to support children and families.
• Participate in community development projects, i.e. interagency groups and councils.
• Assist the Regional Program Director with development and implementation of annual outcomes based program evaluations.
• Complete monthly/quarterly/annual reports and payroll summaries as required.
• Provide input toward development of policies and program operations manual.
• Provide information and support to program director for future contract negotiations and program development.
• Provide the program director with regular updates on staff/program activities and development
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• A Diploma or Degree in Social Work or Human Services, or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in the social services field
• Able to develop, implement and manage outcome-based programming.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Able to plan and implement changes in response to client needs/desires and environmental influences through interdisciplinary case management.
• Strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community; able to foster cooperative work environments.
• Knowledge and understanding of best practices; ability to develop, implement, evaluate and modify individual program plan, knowledge of relevant legislation, guidelines, policies and standards relating to service delivery.
• Able to collect, organize, prepare and edit correspondence, reports/documentation and maintain files and records according to applicable agency, ministry and accreditation standards.
• Strong conflict resolution, mediation and crisis prevention and intervention skills.
• Commitment to quality assurance.
• Knowledge and understanding of best practices; ability to develop, implement, evaluate and modify individual program plan,
• Strong understanding of Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act
• Experience working with computer/business software programs.
• Valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
• Valid CPR/First Aid certificates
• Training in suicide prevention and cultural sensitivity
• Knowledge of aboriginal culture an asset
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visitwww.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.For more information on WJS Canada visit our website:www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Supervisor - 5 year(s)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Child and youth care
- Crisis Intervention
- Family Care
- Family Service Worker
- Human Service
- Life Skills
- Signs Of Safety
- Social Work
- Social Work Diploma
- Support Worker
- Trauma Informed Practice
- Youth Worker
To apply click on the link below: