Community Assistant Posting
PEOPLE WITH DIFFERING ABILITIES TRANSFORMING LIVES…TRANSFORMING SOCIETY
We welcome Assistants to live, work, and learn together with men and women with intellectual disabilities in our communities. Founded by Jean Vanier in 1964, L'Arche strives to shape a more human and just society.
"Community Assistant" Role Description:
"Assistants" support core members (men and women with intellectual disabilities) in their daily life. We cook and eat dinner together, get together with friends, participate in activities in our neighbourhoods, go on vacation together, and celebrate often.
Through friendship and relationships with Core Members, Assistants gain valuable life skills and opportunities for personal growth and leadership.
More than a job, we offer an exceptional and life changing adventure in friendship and self-discovery.
- Each year L'Arche hires 200 new Assistants to live and work in 29 communities across Canada
- All new Assistants participate in the L'Arche Leadership Development Program
- Many Assistants choose to stay at L'Arche for one or two years. There are also opportunities for longer term roles in leadership across the country
- There are opportunities to transfer to one of 146 L'Arche communities around the world
- Compensation and Benefits are provided. Assistant Roles are Full-Time.
- We hire people from a wide variety of educational backgrounds.
- We are looking for people with an open attitude, a desire to grow, and who want to make a difference
- Opportunities available in either English or French
- Training is provided through the L'Arche Leadership Development Program
How to Apply:
Online Application System: www.larche-work.ca
Please submit CV or Resume with online application.
Application deadline is open.
Start Date: L'Arche hires year round. We are currently seeking applicants who can begin in May or September.