Emma House Intern (Local Missions Opportunity in Canada)
Emma House is a non profit organization dedicated to breaking the cycle of homelessness among pregnant women. Emma House has provided shelter and support to vulnerable pregnant women at risk of homelessness for over 25 years. Our mission is to see healthy mothers in community. We provide our mothers with the physical and emotional resources they need, and journey with them as they increase their ability to provide a home and healthy life for themselves and their child.
We need passionate and compassionate people to be a part of our community!
Title: Emma House Intern (Local Missions Opportunity in Canada)
Overview: To live a minimum of 1 year with our mothers and families at Emma House, assist with the smooth operations of the program, upkeep in the home, and to live a life of intentional community.
Expectations: Accountable to the Program Director
• Commit to one year of service.
• Live in community with pregnant women, new moms, newborns, and other Mission Corp members.
• Participate in community functions like: celebrations, fundraisers, meetings, retreats, etc..
• Provide house coverage: answer phones, emails, welcome visitors, build relationships, etc..
• Act as a contact person: providing one-on-one support, and guidance to residents.
• Assume administrative duties: volunteer coordination, donation management, household operations, speaking presentations, etc..
• House maintenance and care.
• Embrace the mission and values of Emma House.
• Grow in communication, conflict management, leadership, organization, responsibility and professional skills.
• Demonstrate a servant heart.
Emma House Provides
• Room and board
• Health Benefits
• Monthly living stipend
• Professional / Leadership Development
• Monthly Spiritual Formation
• The opportunity to touch the lives of others
• Minimum: High School Graduation. Preference for post-secondary education in fields such as Family Ministry, Youth Ministry, Pastoral Care, Social Work, or Justice related studies.
• Current Drivers license.
- Be a devoted follower of Jesus Christ
- Be teachable
- Be a team player
- Be an attendee of a local church
- Understand and be committed to the vision of “Healthy Mothers in Community.”
• 40 hours a week with 3-4 nights on call
Please send complete resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Intern.
A copy of the job application and behavioral competencies will be sent to you to be completed and returned.
The deadline for submission of applications is June 30/2018 (or until position is filled).