Hope Mission Summer Camps
Dear Prospective Staff Person,
Thank you for considering Hope Mission’s Summer Camps as a possible ministry option this summer. We hope that you will prayerfully consider what God will have you do this summer.
Life at summer camp is not a picnic though. It demands that you be willing to sacrifice personal interests for the betterment of the campers and other staff. It demands that you be committed to what God will call you to this summer and to what He wants to accomplish in your life and in the lives of others through you. I would like to invite you to be part of one of the hardest summers of your life but definitely one of the most rewarding.
There are great rewards though, in serving at a camp this summer. With them often though comes great heartaches:
- dealing with lice until 2:30 am one camp, and then all the next day
- crying with 4 sisters who had to go home because of a lice situation to big too deal with.
- dealing with 3 campers who ran away during Teens Camp (up until 2:30 am with one who had been punching, swearing, screaming, etc).
- the many heart breaking home lives that the campers come from
- boy who lives in a foster home and went to see his mom every two weekends. Well one weekend he goes to her house and finds she has moved. He hasn’t seen nor heard from her in 2 years
- Another boy who has not seen his mom in 11 years
- most of the 800 campers came from single parent family homes, from foster or group homes or guardians.
- Abuse, neglect, alcohol, drugs.
There are many exciting times though too –
- having 10-15 campers stay behind at a chapel to pray with a counselor because of things going on at home, (this happens twice a camp),
- camper runs away from camp on Monday, we bring her back, give her a second chance and on Thursday night after the campfire, she gives her heart to the Lord,
- one girl whose mom is a prostitute becomes a Christian
- seeing kids laugh and experience activities that they have not done before.
For your summer experience, choose not that which will bring you the most money. Choose that will will bring you the most fulfillment and provide you with an experience that you will never forget. You can always work but you cannot always be involved in a summer of ministry that could change your life forever.
God Bless you as you consider what He would have you do this summer.
Ps. If you have any questions, call us Toll Free at 1-866-797-2624 (Canada)
Follow the link if you are interested in this experience: