Kingswood Camp - Assistant Director
Kingswood Camp is an evangelical Christian camp situated on Lake George, Kings County, Nova Scotia, owned and operated by the Eastern Valley Baptist Association and run in cooperation with the Annapolis-Digby Baptist Association. We seek to honour God by providing an atmosphere where campers encounter Jesus Christ and grow as His disciples through wholesome relationships with dedicated Christian leaders, in an inviting outdoor setting, while participating in safe programs and activities relevant to their physical, emotional, social and spiritual development.
Purpose: To further the mission of camp through the planning and implementation of programs and to deliver activities, which are safe, fun and age appropriate for campers. Assist in management of the overall camp operation at the direction of the camp director.
Essential Job Operations:
- Assists in the administration and coordination of daily camp operations.
- Assist in development of camping season.
- Ensure that programs meet the abilities of the campers.
- Be involved with various camp programming.
- Provide support and guidance to those leading the activities.
- Be acting Camp Director should they be off camp property.
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow proper safety guidelines during activities.
- Assist in the implementation of staff training.
- Provide guidelines for programs utilizing camp equipment.
- Assist in the management and care of the program areas and equipment.
- Routine checks of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness and good repair.
- Ensure all program areas are kept free from hazards.
- Mentor and provide guidance to camp staff.
- Facilitate aspects of staff training.
- Have Bible study with staff you are responsible for mentoring.
- Casual check-ins with staff.
- Encourage, uplift and boost staff morale. Encourage unity among the staff team.
- Participate in regular evaluations of the staff.
- Schedule and coordinate chapel guest speakers.
- Develop chapel theme and outline; coordinate Bible study theme with chapel theme. Plan, prepare and teach a portion of chapel and Bible study sessions.
- Schedule chapel guest speaker, worship and Bible study speaker.
Weeks of Work
May 14th, 2018
August 24th, 2018
June 6th, 2018: 6:30-8:30
June 16th, 2018: 2-4pm
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Current CPR and Standard First Aid
- Ability to work with, supervise and give direction to children and adults
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong leadership abilities and mentorship capabilities
- Ability to schedule and implement successful programs
- Experience and ability to supervise staff, volunteers and campers
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work load and manage time efficiently
- Serve on the Primary Leadership Team
- Supervise other camp roles such as maintenance, worship director, media coordinator, etc
- Help provide an atmosphere for developing good morale and well-being among the camp staff. Promote trust, understanding and unity among the camp staff.
- Assist in leading school field days in the spring
- Be willing to lead staff/camper Bible studies
- Carry out all other duties as assigned by director
Reports to: Director
Peer Relationships: Secondary Leadership Team
Internal Relationships: Camp staff, campers
External Relationships: Parents, outside organizations, visitors