Organizational Status: Permanent
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week (to start)
Direct Report: Executive Director
Location: Home office (Edmonton)
The Alberta Students’ Executive Council (ASEC) is looking for a positive, enthusiastic, and team-oriented individual who is passionate about advocacy. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position supports the organization, administration, and operation of ASEC. The office manager serves as the first point of contact and is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations of our home office.
ASEC is a member-driven, non-partisan advocacy organization tha unites over 100,000 student voices and fourteen-member students’ association from across Alberta. ASEC advances it advocacy goals by taking a collaborative approach to developing solutions for student issues.
The successful candidate will be exceptionally organized, can assist in the planning process of conferences, and adapt in a constant changing environment.
Position duties will include the following:
- General administrative tasks and coordination of the physical environment of the office including equipment, mail, etc.
- Acts as a first point of contact for individuals coming to the office.
- Prepare and distributes agendas and meeting materials; records meeting minutes.
- Provide administrative/secretarial support to the Executive Director, including: manage a daily schedule/calendar; arrange travel, accommodation and prepare itineraries; screens incoming mail and email to determine appropriate action.
- Maintaining accurate financial records for ASEC including: managing payments of invoice in a timely manner; completing wide range of transaction such as membership registration, fees payments, etc.
- Design and implement various communication tools to connect members and provide regular updates about ASEC.
- Other related duties as required to achieve the overall goals of ASEC
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven ability to provide high quality service to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate experience in event planning and project coordination; preferably in a post-secondary environment.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with extremely varied types of stakeholders.
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a constant changing environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills a must.
- Related Administration Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in a post-secondary environment is preferred.
- Ability to work independently
- Valid driver’s license
- An understanding of Provincial Government preferred.
- Computer skill using MS Office applications, SharePoint, Google office suite.
- Preference may be given to candidates with knowledge of student advocacy and provincial lobbying.
- Interested candidate must submit both a cover letter and resume.
- Send via email to Marlene Morin by March 16, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alberta Student’s Executive Council
P: 780-756 – 4500