Overnight Awake Youth Worker - Job ID J0318-0229
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Overnight Awake Youth Worker - Job ID J0318-0229
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Overnight Awake Youth Worker
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 32
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: Approximately 10pm to 8am (scheduled times may vary)
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $17.1400 - $20.8900 /Hour
Closing Date: 03/04/2018
Spirit of Our Youth Homes offers trauma informed based services within a culturally enriched environment for First Nations, Metis and Inuit youth ages 3-24 years old. Our trained staff team work to optimize each youth’s potential and strengthen their connections with family and their indigenous community. We provide safe, clean, welcoming homes for the youth in our care.
Spirit of Our Youth Homes is recruiting Overnight Awake Youth Workers. Although you work alone on your overnight shift you are part of a trauma informed team who provide a safe and supportive home within culturally based programming. Your integrity and compassionate care contribute to the personal development of our youth. You will be responsible for providing support, supervising youth, cleaning and handling any crisis situations that may occur.
In Your Role You Will
• Ensure safety and be a positive role model for our youth.
• Ensure frequent bed checks, as directed by Supervisor/Manager.
• Ensure youth are receiving regular wake up calls as required.
• Work in cooperation with others to plan, support and/or deliver culturally appropriate programs, services, workshops, and outings.
• Perform housekeeping duties such as laundry, cleaning, vacuuming, etc. and any extra cleaning duties as requested by the Program Supervisor/Manager.
• Complete documentation -log book, contact notes, medication, Critical Incident reports etc.
• Present appropriate response to youth behaviour.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Degree, Diploma or Certificate in the Human Services field or equivalent experience
• 2 years experience in group homes and/or supported independent living.
• Must provide a current (within past 6 months) criminal record check and Children’s Services Intervention check prior to confirmation of employment
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence and clean driver’s abstract with personal car insurance (2 million in third party liability)
• Must be able to deal with any crisis situations, to ensure safety for youth in the program.
• First Aid/CPR Certificate
• Suicide Intervention, Self Harm, Crisis Intervention and Medication Administration training
• Aboriginal awareness and cultural diversity training
• Able to work and follow Spirit of Our Youth Homes Inc. policies and procedures and adhere to Alberta Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act.
• Knowledge of the Canadian Accreditation Council of Human Services
• Able to lift 50 lbs.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visitwww.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At Spirit of Our Youth/WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on Spirit of Our Youth, services and career opportunities, visit www.spirityouth.ca or call 780-474-7140
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website:www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Aboriginal Awareness
- Aboriginal culture
- At Risk Youth
- Behaviour Management
- Child and youth care
- Child and Youth Care Diploma
- Child Care Worker
- Child protection
- Child welfare
- Child, Youth And Family Enhancement Act
- Crisis Intervention
- Family Care
- Family Service Worker
- Family Services
- First Nations
- Social Service
- Social Service Worker Diploma
- Social Work
- Social Work Diploma
- Social Worker
- Suicide Intervention
- Youth Worker
To apply click on the link below: