Program Director - Social/Community Disability Services - Job ID J1217-0404
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Program Director - Social/Community Disability Services - Job ID J1217-0404Organization: AB
Job Title: Program Director - Social/Community Disability Services
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Bonnyville, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: 8:30am TO 4:30pm (This management position requires flexibility to work some evenings & weekends, as necessary) *Salary Negotiable*
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $0.0000 - $0.0000 /Year
WJS Canada helps people with developmental disabilities become active and involved in their communities. Our wide range of local programs and services includes supported homes, supported independent and semi independent living, behaviour consultation and mental and physical care. In our passion to improve lives and develop life skills, we encourage inclusion and participation through community living and life skill coaching, career development, rest and relief for care-givers and family support.
The Program Director is a senior management role with broader strategic, operational and service area responsibility. This role has responsibility for input to the organization's strategic agenda and direct leadership responsibility for a significant aspect of the agency's business/service plan. The role requires a positive attitude that acknowledges the gifts, talents and passions of persons with developmental disabilities; an aptitude for service and support; and a relevant knowledge and skill base.
In Your Role You Will
• Participate as a member of the senior leadership team, in overall strategic planning and priority setting for the organization
• Ensure policies, procedures and enabling systems are in place and operating effectively to support key aspects of overall organizational performance and meet accreditation standards
• Oversee fiscal management and administrative processes
• Ensure recruitment, selection, training & development to support staff attraction, retention and satisfaction
• Establish ans maintain a community access and resource network
• Coordinate, analyze and integrate required service area documentation, reporting results and actions and ensure a line-of-sight with the organization's strategic agenda/priorities
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• A particular understanding of public sector leadership in the social/community disability services field, service planning and delivery, and the political environment in which services for persons with disabilities are delivered.
• Business Administration and operational leadership skills
• A degree in one of the humanities, social sciences or related field with educational preparation for the roles of manager and administrator.
• 3-5 years experience in a similar management or human services generalist position.
• Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Experience with financial and human resource management.
• Able to develop financial plans and manage resources; ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
• Ability to identify and secure funding/revenue sources.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
• Strong conflict resolution, mediation and crisis prevention and intervention techniques.
• Commitment to quality assurance; knowledge of CARF and related accreditation and certification requirements.
• Knowledge of communications and public relations principles, practices and techniques; ability to develop and deliver presentations.
• Ability to foster relationships with government officials, community groups, etc.
• Ability to use common computer applications is required.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services & career opportunities, visitwww.wjscanda.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Financial Management - 3 year(s)
- Management - 3 year(s)
- Business Administration
- CARF Accreditation
- Developmental Disabilities
- Human Resources
- Policy Analyst
- Program Design
- Program Director
- Quality Analyst
To apply click on the link below: