Program Supervisor - Child & Family Services Centre - Job ID J1217-0724
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Program Supervisor - Child & Family Services Centre - Job ID J1217-0724
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Program Supervisor - Child & Family Services Centre
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: St Paul & Vegreville, AB, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: 8:30 to 4:30 As this is a management position, some evenings & weekends required.
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $32.0000 - $37.0000 /Hour
WJS Canada reunites and strengthens families by providing personalized supports, connecting individuals to their communities and establishing long term support. Sensitive to past trauma that children, youth, and families may have experienced and the part it plays in building a strong future, we apply proven child and youth development principles to encourage healthy growth, foster positive life changes, offset influences that hinder development and strengthen attachment to family and social relationships.
The Lead Practice Specialist operates the Family Services Centre in St Paul & Vegreville, Alberta, including all program administration, case management, personnel management & acts as a community liaison, representing WJS Canada within these communities.
In Your Role You Will
Personnel: Recruit, Select, orient, develop and evaluate WJS staff; staff development
• Case Management: Supervise, assign and monitor caseloads; program activities and development; Coordinate and assign all referrals
• Community: Liaise with external agencies/professionals involved with families served; Promote program services and develop initiatives to support children and families; Participate in community development projects, i.e. inter agency groups and councils.
• Program Administration: ensure staff and program operations comply with contractual obligations, company polices and procedures, legislation and accreditation standards
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• A Diploma or Degree in Social Work or Human Services, or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in the social services field
• Knowledge and understanding of best practices; ability to develop, implement, evaluate and modify individual program plan,
• Strong understanding of Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act
• Experience working with computer/business software programs.
• Valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
• Valid CPR/First Aid certificates
• Training in suicide prevention and cultural sensitivity
• Knowledge of aboriginal culture an asset
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services & career opportunities, visitwww.wjscanda.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Supervisor - 5 year(s)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Child and youth care
- Crisis Intervention
- Family Care
- Family Service Worker
- Human Service
- Life Skills
- Social Work
- Support Worker
- Youth Worker
To apply click on the link below: