Summer Program Coordinator - Stony Plain Public Library
Summer Program Coordinator
We’re looking for our 2018 Summer Program Coordinator! Spend your summer spreading the love of reading through games and programs in Stony Plain, AB.
Full Time: 35 hours per week, May to August 2018
Are you someone who:
• Really enjoys working with children and is passionate about reading & literacy?
• Excels at planning and organizing?
• Likes being creative and dreaming up fun ideas?
You’ll get to:
• Design and deliver children’s programs
• Supervise an Assistant Summer Programmer
• Recruit and supervise teen volunteers
• Promote the program to local children through school visits & other advertising
• Solicit reading prizes and monetary donations from local businesses and community organizations
• Decorate the children’s section of the library
• Have some experience working with children in a structured environment
• Be able to interact successfully with children and adults
• Demonstrate excellence in self starting, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Demonstrate excellence in communicating
• Be familiar with children’s literature preferably
• To meet grant requirements applicants must be attending a post-secondary school, planning to return to full time studies in the fall and under 30 years of age. If you’re studying Libraries or Education, that would be an asset!
COMPENSATION: $16.71/hr plus 4% vacation pay
E-mail your cover letter and resume to the library
Attention: Mark McHale by March 16, 2018
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: #112, 4613-52 Ave, Stony Plain, AB T7Z 1E7