SUNSTAR NURSERIES - GARDEN CENTER SALES
POSITION: GARDEN CENTER SALES
Sunstar Nurseries Ltd., a recognized grower and supplier of quality plants, is currently seeking motivated individuals to work at our Garden Center located in Edmonton. Full-time and part-time positions are available. Preference will be given to applicants who have a working knowledge through education and/or experience in horticulture with an emphasis on landscape ornamentals. Previous sales and customer relations experience is a definite asset. These characteristics are not required but would be very helpful. Full Time and Part Time required.
- a) Customer Service and Sales:
- providing information and recommendations.
- recording purchase transactions
- communication and general public relations.
- b) Garden Center Maintenance and Appearance:
- organizing, weeding, pruning, watering of plants.
- maintaining general cleanliness/ tidiness of selling lot and store area.
- signage, tagging, and pricing.
- c) Assisting in Other Related Activities as Required.
- a) A positive work ethic and attitude and a willingness to learn are essential.
- b) Good working knowledge of ornamental horticulture applicable to Alberta, including plant identification, biology and landscape design. This is an asset but not required.
- c) Effective communication skills and attention to detail.
- d) The ability to take responsibility and work with a minimum of supervision.
- e) Good physical condition and mindful of personal appearance.
- f) Those who are presently enrolled in or have completed the Landscape Gardener Apprenticeship Program or other post-secondary horticultural programs are encouraged to apply.
Wages: $16 ph starting - Higher wages considered for education in horticulture
Start Date: April/May 2018
Candidates should apply by submitting a current resume in confidence to:
Att: Personnel Department Fax#: 780 – 472 - 9218
Sunstar Nurseries Ltd. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
810 - 167 ave N.E. Website:www.sunstarnurseries.com
Edmonton, AB T5Y 6K9
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest.