WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Accounting Manager - Job ID J1018-1220
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: Monday to Friday 8 to 4 or 9 to 5
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $30.0000 - $35.0000 /Hour
Closing Date: 13/11/2018
WJS Canada is a national social services agency with offices in BC, Alberta & Ontario. We are contracted by the government through over 90 contracts to provide community-based services to children and families, persons with developmental disabilities and at-risk youth. Each day a dedicated team of over 600 staff serve approximately 1,300 persons through over 125 services and WJS Canada revenues exceed $34 million annually.
In Your Role You Will
· Manage daily operations of accounts payable, accounts receivable and other accounting functions.
· Assist/train internal program management in financial reporting and budget preparation.
· Oversee contract revenue to ensure income matches contractual agreements; liaise with
funders regarding accounts payable.
· Review program budgets to ensure they comply with agency policies and procedures.
· Oversee assigned accounting personnel; participating in performance evaluations.
· Coordinate and produce financial, budget and other special reports, proposals and
analyses for management, to include monthly financial statements and/or other funds
· Organize and prepare financial information for year end and to expedite audits.
· Participate in occasional auditing projects.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Post secondary in accounting, business, financial management or other related discipline
• Possess a CPA designation or actively working towards completing the program.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in full cycle accounting
• Skill in the use of Windows, Sage 300 ERP and Microsoft Office 365
• Experience analyzing budgetary expenditures for compliance with approved budgets.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control procedures.
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing new strategies and procedures.
• Able to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
• Able to comprehend information and communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including business communications.
• Knowledge of management principles and policies.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounts payable
- Business Administration
- Certified General Accountant
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Finance Degree
- Financial Management
To apply click on the link below: