Behavioural Specialist Consultant (Full Time) - Home Office Based - Job ID J0119-0230
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Behavioural Specialist Consultant (Full Time) - Home Office Based - Job ID J0119-0230
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Behavioural Specialist Consultant (Full Time) - Home Office Based
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Edmonton (or in consultation area), Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 37.5
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: This position will require a home-based office. Will be required to travel to/within the consultation area (North East/North Central regions of Alberta).
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $0.0000 - $0.0000 /Hour
Closing Date: 21/01/2019
Help individuals reduce challenging behaviors and achieve their goals.
WJS Canada’s Integrative Behaviour Support Team has offered short term personalized service to adults and children who exhibit behaviours that cause concern, since 1988. Through consultation, training and counseling, Behavioural Consultants enable families and supporters to help challenged individuals develop socially acceptable behaviours and make connections within their communities. All of our services are based on empowering individuals to develop to their maximum potential in the least disruptive manner possible.
Working from a home-based office, the Behavioral Specialist Consultant will travel through the Northeast and North Central Alberta consultation area to provide services in the communities of St Paul, Barrhead/Westlock, Vegreville, Bonnyville/Cold Lake, etc.
Individuals with disabilities and those who support them commonly face obstacles that can be minimized or eliminated through specialized consultation and training. Using person-centered service delivery, the Behavioral Specialist Consultant helps individuals reduce challenging behaviors and develop socially acceptable behaviours in order to make connections within their communities and improve functioning at home, school, etc.
In Your Role You Will
- Identify behaviours of concern, develop, review and monitor Individualized Comprehensive Functional Assessments and Behavior Support Plans.
- Consult with clients, families and agencies during the writing of Functional Behavioural Assessments and the development and implementation of Behavior Plans.
- Train and consult with program teams on Behavior Support Plans and ongoing client supports.
- Liaise with professionals and program environments relevant to service delivery.
- Facilitate a wide range of workshops for staff and families, educators and daycares and many other groups that deal with behavioural issues (Ex. Proactive Behavior Strategies, Crisis Assessment and Response, Abuse Prevention, Restrictive Procedures, etc.)
- Participate in Behaviour Review Committees and other committees/meetings as required.
- Attend regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Training in program development, and other areas of interest.
- Behavioural Specialist Consultants, report to the Program Manager; Registered Psychologists provide clinical supervision and review all interventions and training.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
- Must be willing to travel within the consultation area (North Central and Northeastern Alberta) and to set-up a home office at their residence.
- Minimum 3 years experience with behavioural interventions and work with children &/or adults with developmental disabilities.
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Disability Studies, Behavioural Science, Special Needs or related field.
- Valid certificate in Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA).
- Valid class 5 driver license with a clear driving abstract and reliable vehicle.
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification.
- Sufficient training and experience to perform all responsibilities of the job description. Ideally, candidates will have directly related experience with Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA), completing Comprehensive Functional Assessments, creating, writing and implementation of Positive Behavioural Support Plans, and experience with persons with developmental disabilities (PDD) experiencing behavioural, social and emotional disorders.
- Strong personal commitment to working with persons with developmental disabilities, dual diagnosis, acquired brain injury, FASD and challenging behaviours.
- Group facilitation/training skills a must
- Triple P certification would be an asset.
- In this consultative role, must be able to work well in a team setting and/or without direct supervision; strong organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible in work hours to accommodate caseload requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Calm, confident, patient, self motivates and motivates others and is a positive role model.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Behavioural Intervention
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Positive Behaviour Supports
- Behaviour Management - 3 year(s)
- Behaviour Strategies - 3 year(s)
- ABI - 1 year(s)
- Complex Needs - 1 year(s)
- Facilitator - 1 year(s)
- Adults With Developmental Disabilities
- Aggressive behaviour
- At Risk Youth
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Children With Developmental Disabilities
- Communication Disorders
- Community Based Practice
- Crisis Intervention
- Developmental Disabilities
- Family Counselling
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches
- Group Counselling
- Harm Reduction
- Individualized program planning
- Parent Educator
- Proactive Procedures
- Restrictive procedures
- Signs Of Safety
- Suicide Intervention
- Trauma Informed Practice
To apply click on the link below: