Community Disability Service Worker - Job ID J0219-0116
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Community Disability Service Worker - Job ID J0219-0116
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Community Disability Service Worker
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Westlock, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: 8am to 6pm. Working 10 hour shifts, Four on four off rotation
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $17.0900 - $20.0000 /Hour
Closing Date: 17/02/2019
The Hen House program is a lifetime home for two individuals with a variety of support needs and abilities including FASD and significant behavior challenges. We provide community access supports so they can participate in community activities plus we host recreational and leisure activities in the home including cards & board games, movies, pot luck dinners, BBQ and parties. These recreational and life skills opportunities are a key part in helping our residents make their own decisions and to increase their sense of identity and self esteem.
The Disability Services Worker (DSW) provides individualized supports to encourage and enable independence, self expression and creativity for persons with developmental disabilities.
In Your Role You Will
- Assist individuals with developing social, communication and life skills and achieving personal goals.
- Assist with food prep, cleaning home, laundry, personal care, etc.
- Encourage community inclusion through vocational, recreational, leisure activities.
- Contribute toward design, implementation and evaluation of individual service plans, program specific policies & procedures.
- Observe/document physical, developmental and psychological needs of individuals in service.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
- Minimum Grade 12 or Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education or equivalent
- MANDATORY - One (1) year experience working with persons with developmental disabilities.
- MANDATORY - A valid Class 5 Driver License with clear driving abstract and reliable transportation
- Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
- A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and pursue active participation and involvement in the community.
- Skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, etc.
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
- Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Disability Support - 1 year(s)
- Adults With Developmental Disabilities
- Aggressive behaviour
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Behaviour Management
- Behaviour Strategies
- Behavioural Intervention
- Community Living
- Community Rehabilitation
- Community Support Worker
- Complex Needs
- Developmental Disabilities
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Group Home
- Individualized program planning
- Personal Support Worker
- Social Service Worker Diploma
- Social Work Diploma
To apply click on the link below: