Complex Behaviours Disability Support Worker - Full time
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Complex Behaviours Disability Support Worker - Full time (1150) - Job ID J1018-1150
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Complex Behaviours Disability Support Worker - Full time (1150)
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 30+ hours
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: Various 12 hr shifts available (Days, Evening/Overnight sleep) 8am-8pm 8pm-8am Sleep shift rate $15.00/hr
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $20.0900 - $23.0000 /Hour
Closing Date: 09/11/2018
WJS Canada is hiring highly qualified a Disability Support Worker to support/supervise young adults with challenging behaviours and developmental disabilities. Challenging behaviours will occur on a daily basis and therefore, only those with previous experience in de-escalation techniques and providing supports to persons with high behaviours and complex needs will be contacted for an interview.
Only applicants with a minimum 2+ years experience working with persons with aggressive behaviours & significant mental health concerns will be interviewed for this challenging position. Please provide a cover letter detailing your suitability for this role.
The Complex Behaviours Disability Support Worker will have the opportunity to be trained and work in multiple programs. Flexibility is required to support either program as needed.
In Your Role You Will
• Support/supervise complex behavioural, emotional and social needs/development (in the residence & during community activities); observing & documenting changes
• Use de-escalation techniques to deal with challenging behaviours on a daily basis.
• Provide individualized supports within a consistent, healthy & safe environment
• Assist with household chores (meal prep, cleaning, etc.)
• Drive person in care (in your own vehicle) within the community.
• Participate in vocational, recreational, leisure activities.
• Provide immediate support in crisis situations.
• Assist in the design, implementation & evaluation of ISPs, program specific policies & procedures.
• Connect the individual with their family, friends & community.
• Administer medication, first aid if/when necessary.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Only applicants with a minimum 2+ years experience working with persons with aggressive behaviours & significant mental health concerns will be considered for this challenging position
• Prefer a Certificate, Diploma or Degree – Disability Service Worker, Special Education or related field; Grade 12 Diploma minimum requirement;
• Personal care/hygiene experience.
• Valid class 5 driver license (not GDL – no restrictions) with clear driving abstract and reliable vehicle
• Clear criminal record check & social services involvement check (UPLOAD COPY IF AVAILABLE)
• Current First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification (NVCI or CPI)
• Work well in an environment with potential for aggression/violence; physical intervention skills an asset
• Training in Abuse Protocol, Medication Administration, Proactive Procedures & Behavioural Strategies, Crisis Prevention Intervention
• Confident & able to function in a crisis
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Adults With Developmental Disabilities - 2 year(s)
- Aggressive behaviour - 2 year(s)
- Behaviour Management - 2 year(s)
- Behaviour Strategies - 2 year(s)
- Behavioural Intervention - 2 year(s)
- Complex Needs - 2 year(s)
- Developmental Disabilities - 2 year(s)
- Disability Support - 2 year(s)
- Abuse protocol
- Correctional Services
- Mental Health
- Social Service Worker Diploma
To apply click on the link below: