Director of Children’s Ministry
Sturgeon Valley Baptist Church is a fellowship of warm, friendly people who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and who are committed to the Bible as God’s infallible Word, to Jesus Christ as our Divine Lord and Savior, to the Church as the body of Christ, to the priesthood of all believers, to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and His fullness for Christian life and service, and to spiritual maturity as the goal of our church fellowship. For more information regarding our statement of beliefs please click here.
We have a congregation of approximately 300 people with a growing contingent of young families. We have seen a growing children’s ministry over the past few years and are looking for an enthusiastic Children’s Director to help us with this ministry. Please find below the details of this ministry opportunity.
Position: Director of Children’s Ministry
Position Type: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Salary: Dependent on qualifications
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Direct reports from: Children’s Church Coordinator
Sunday School Coordinator
Boys & Girls Clubs
Summary of Position
The Director of Children’s Ministry is the advocate for children and their families, and will oversee the structures and atmosphere of the church to ensure that the family of God is working together to make disciples among the children of the church. The Director will be actively engaged with the delivery of programs with a heart for the salvation and discipleship of children and work closely with the other staff to promote family ministry throughout the church. A top priority will be the communication of the vision for the strengthening of families to other staff, parents, and the church at large. Communicating, coordinating and participating in the work of discipleship of children with parent involvement will help provide an atmosphere that considers parents the primary spiritual trainers of their children with the support of the church. The Director will help to create and deliver programs for Sunday, mid-week and during the summer months.
Areas of Responsibility
The role will oversee and participate in the discipleship of children and equip various teams to empower parents where possible to be active in the discipleship of their children.
- Develop and direct relational, engaging ministries to children.
- Ensure regular connection to the homes so parents experience a clear sense of partnership in the discipleship of their children.
- Create ministries that focus on teaching Bible knowledge and demonstrating living Christian faith through relational interaction with the pastor, leaders, parents, siblings, grandparents, and peers.
- Provide families with intergenerational service, worship and learning opportunities.
- Creates a safe environment for children ensuring our Plan to Protect® Policy is enforced.
- Develops regular opportunities for children to worship and learn with their parents wherever possible.
Other supporting activities
- Actively engage in morning programs for Sunday School and Junior Church
- Lead the delivery of mid-week programs for various age groups
- Lead Vacation Bible School and other programs for children in the summer months
- Assist with recruitment of volunteers
- Develop leaders in the Children’s ministry
- Ensure that the administration of Children’s ministry is addressed
Resumes may be forwarded to the church office at the email address below or dropped off at the church front reception area.
Sturgeon Valley Baptist Church
51 Woodlands Road
St. Albert, AB T8N 3Y5
Application Deadline: Open
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.