Director of Music - Westminster Presbyterian Church
Deadline: August 31, 2018.
Westminster Presbyterian Church in Calgary, Alberta, is seeking an individual to fill the position of Director of Music commencing October 1, 2018.
The Director of Music will provide for the leadership and administration of the music ministry at Westminster Presbyterian Church. The Director of Music will work closely with a team that includes the Minister, church staff members, and music ministry volunteers. This position is a year round, part-time position.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES &EXPECTATIONS
- Plan, organize, and ensure all music and music teams/groups/instrumentalists are prepared, and technical requirements in place for Sunday worship services and occasional special services and concerts.
- Work closely with the Minister in planning and selecting music for worship services.
- Lead, encourage, mentor, and support music ministry volunteers, fostering community.
- Develop and grow the music program.
- The position is anticipated to require an average of 15 to 20 hours per week inclusive of rehearsal and worship time. More time will be required during the busy seasons of the Church year with less time needed at other times.
- The Director of Music must become a member of the Church and be committed to the life of Westminster.
The successful candidate will be a gifted and passionate individual who would be eager to build community and grow the music ministry at Westminster. The individual will also possess the following:
- Minimum 5 years equivalent full time experience leading musical groups. Leadership in a church setting would be an asset.
- Musical training in piano, other musical instrument, and/or voice would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of Church music literature in all forms and styles, with the ability to select appropriate application of music for all church calendar events.
- Strong organization skills to plan and co-‐ordinate music ministry teams, groups and resources efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Strong communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills to work as part of a team with fellow staff, the musical community, and members of the congregation.
- Creativity and adaptability.
- To apply please send your resumé and contact information to Lauren Bosch at email@example.com with copy to Lily Porta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information, or to obtain a copy of the complete Job Description please contact Lily Porta.
- Application Deadline is August 31, 2018.
- Initial interviews for qualifying candidates will be held in September.
- Select candidates will be auditioned.
Learn more about our church at www.wpchurch.net.