Director of Music
Westminster Presbyterian Church in Calgary, Alberta, is seeking an individual to fill the position of Director of Music.
The Director of Music will provide for the leadership and administration of the music ministry at Westminster Presbyterian Church. The Director of Music will work closely with a team that includes the Minister, church staff members, and music ministry volunteers. This position is a year-round, part time position.
Primary Responsibilities and Expectations
- Plan, organize, and ensure all music and music teams/groups/instrumentalists are prepared, and technical requirements in place for Sunday worship services and occasional special services and concerts
- Lead, encourage, mentor, and support music ministry volunteers
- Develop and grow the music program
- The position is anticipated to require an average of 15 to 20 hours per week inclusive of rehearsal and worship time.
The successful candidate will be a gifted and passionate individual who would be eager to build community and grow the music ministry at Westminster. The individual will also possess the following:
- Minimum 5 years equivalent full-time experience leading musical groups. Leadership in a church setting would be an asset.
- Musical training in piano, other musical instrument, and/or voice would be an asset
- Strong organization skills to plan and coordinate music ministry teams, groups and resources
- Strong communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills to work as part of a team with fellow staff, the musical community, and members of the congregation
- To apply please send your resumé with a cover letter to Lily Porta at email@example.com.
- For more information, or to obtain a copy of the complete Job Description please contact Lily Porta.
- Application Deadline is October 15, 2018 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Learn more about our church at www.wpchurch.net