Employee Relations Specialist - Job ID J1218-0678
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Human Resources - Employee Relations Specialist - Job ID J1218-0678
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Human Resources - Employee Relations Specialist
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 32
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: 4 days/week, Mon-Thurs or Tues-Fri, 8:30am -4:30pm
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $0.0000 - $0.0000 /Hour
Closing Date: 21/01/2019
WJS is contracted by governments across Canada to provide community-based services to children and families, persons with developmental disabilities, and young offenders, to foster positive life changes and increase self-esteem and confidence. Each day, our team of 700+ support workers, social workers & behavioral therapists located in Alberta, BC & Ontario, work with with individuals, families and groups to foster positive life changes, build skills and the confidence/resiliency to face or overcome life's challenges.
As a Employee Relations Specialist in Partnering with the Chief of Human Resources, you will work with managers across central and northern Alberta to create and sustain a positive employee relations environment which supports a satisfied, productive, and motivated workforce. In your role you will provide expert advice, guidance, and support in areas such as employee-employer communication, change management, engagement, performance improvement, discipline, employee concern resolution, and policy interpretation.
Although based out of the Edmonton Regional office, some travel to WJS offices in central and northern Alberta rural communities may be required.
In Your Role You Will
- Serve as initial point of advice, problem resolution and facilitation in employee relations, performance management and employee discipline.
- Consult with provincial management to identify causes of employee relations issues, create solutions, and facilitate implementation of action plans;
- Monitor staff performance appraisal completions, track vacation/sick leave accrual/usage and assist with employee separation documents.
- Support and monitor the application of disciplinary policies and procedures to ensure fairness and consistency;
- Develop management capabilities to create and sustain a positive employee relations environment for employees and assist in the development of solutions to address systemic and recurring issues;
- Assist in creating and implementing change management plans that affect successful change and maximize employee engagement.
- Advise employees and management of employment standards & laws, WJS policies & procedures, agency pay policies/compensation initiatives, etc.
- Develop and maintain confidential personnel documents, databases, reports, etc.
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy physical environment and adherence to OHS.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
Bachelor's Degree and/or a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in HR.
- Excellent knowledge & interpretative skills of relevant employment, labour and income tax laws, regulations and operating guidelines and labour relations principles .
- Investigative and analytical skills; to objectively collect & analyze information; draw conclusions and make procedural decisions/judgements involving sensitive issues.
- Expertise in current and emerging trends in employee and labour relations policies and human resource management practices.
- Flexibility to travel as needed to central or northern Alberta.
- Adept in current and emerging HR processes, policies and legal requirements within Canada.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment; working effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to recommend, plan and implement short and long term goals.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills (written & oral); able to engage, coach & advocate.
- Strong business acumen; able to guard organization & employees.
- Strong organization skills, stakeholder focus and orientation, able to respectfully manage multiple tasks/issues simultaneously.
- MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook and HRIS/Payroll systems skills.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Performance Management - 5 year(s)
- Project Manager - 5 year(s)
- Business Administration
- Conflict Resolution
- Employee Development
- Human Resources Generalist
- Social Service
To apply click on the link below: