Family Service Specialist - Cold Lake - Job ID J0119-0014
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Family Service Specialist - Cold Lake - Job ID J0119-0014
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Family Service Specialist - Cold Lake
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: Position is 40 hours a week - In addition to office hours, this position involves quite a bit of weekend and evening flex time to accommodate home visits, supervised visits, and travel.
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $27.0000 - $33.0000 /Hour
Closing Date: 15/01/2019
Through an emphasis on building healthy relationships and enhancing strengths, WJS' highly skilled Family Service Specialists assist youth, children and families to work to overcome areas of struggle and set and achieve new goals. No two individuals or families are alike. Family services are based on the belief that the family’s own internal resources can be strengthened and other helpful skills can be developed.
"Nestled on the shore of Alberta's seventh largest lake, a three hour drive north east of Edmonton and 20 minutes west of the Saskatchewan border, Cold Lake is home to over 15,000 residents. The community of choice for many workers in the nearby oil patch, the City of Cold Lake is also the proud home of 4 Wing, one of Canada's busiest fighter bases.
The City and the surrounding area boast beautiful natural settings, complimented by state-of-the-art recreation and sport facilities, urban and rural trail systems, a provincial park and pristine lakes. Cold Lake itself is well known for its world-class sport fishery, pristine water and surrounding habitats which draw hundreds of bird species and an abundance of wildlife to its shores. For more information visit http://www.coldlake.com/"
WJS Canada is looking for a Family Service Specialist in our Intervention program, to provide high quality supports to children, youth and families with complex issues in Cold Lake, Alberta and the surrounding community. A key component of this Collaborative Service Delivery based position is supporting children and families to connect with resources and organizing service delivery with external agencies and professionals within the community of Cold Lake and surrounding area. You will be determining family needs through assessments and creating service plans in collaboration with families to build upon strengths and future successes.
In Your Role You Will
- Be a self-motivated, independent individual who is comfortable working with families with complex issues and is willing to work together in a team environment,
- Establish trusting relationships with children and families, while assisting them in the development of interpersonal, communication skills, daily living skills, and other areas of interest.
- Provide flexible and responsive client centered support to address children, youth, family or caregiver needs through individual program plans while respecting choices, decisions and needs of families.
- Provide individual and group counseling as appropriate.
- A key component of this position is supporting children and families to connect with resources and organizing ongoing service delivery with stakeholders.
- Collaborate and/or work as a team with community systems (i.e. school), specialized service providers, volunteers and extended family members.
- Conduct visits in the family home and/or community and be available for evening/weekend visits and/or on standby as required.
- Attend supervised visits with families that are involved with the Child and Family Services.
- Transport individuals or families as required.
- Accommodate and respect cultural, social and religious heritage.
- Liaise with Child and Family Services and other external agencies/professionals involved with families served.
- Attend regular meetings with contractors and community interagency meetings
- Promote the child and family related program services offered by the Cold Lake Family Services Centre and develop initiatives to support children, youth and families.
- Follow up on closed case files to ensure continued family safety and implementation of individual program plans.
- Administrative duties including typing/filing reports, compiling monthly reports, etc.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
- Diploma in Social Services, Bachelor of Social work or similar education. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- 3 years social work experience working with families in a human or family services field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of therapeutic and intervention theories and the stages of child development;
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with individuals and groups from a variety of diverse communities and to resolve conflict in an effective manner;
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
- Strong understanding of the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act.
- Valid CPR/First Aid and WHMIS
- Knowledge of aboriginal culture is an asset.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Aboriginal - 1 year(s)
- Alberta College of Social Workers - 1 year(s)
- At Risk Youth - 1 year(s)
- Behaviour Management - 1 year(s)
- Behaviour Strategies - 1 year(s)
- Behavioural Intervention - 1 year(s)
- Child and youth care - 1 year(s)
- Child Care Worker - 1 year(s)
- Child protection - 1 year(s)
- Child, Youth And Family Enhancement Act - 1 year(s)
- Community Support Worker - 1 year(s)
- Complex Needs - 1 year(s)
- Diversion - 1 year(s)
- Family Counselling - 1 year(s)
- Family enhancement - 1 year(s)
- Family intervention - 1 year(s)
- Family Service Worker - 1 year(s)
- Family Services - 1 year(s)
- First Nations - 1 year(s)
- Foster care - 1 year(s)
- Harm Reduction - 1 year(s)
- Kinship - 1 year(s)
- Life Skills - 1 year(s)
- Metis - 1 year(s)
- Outreach - 1 year(s)
- Parent Educator - 1 year(s)
- Probation Officer - 1 year(s)
- Restorative Juctice - 1 year(s)
- Social Service - 1 year(s)
- Social Work - 1 year(s)
- Social Worker - 1 year(s)
To apply click on the link below: