Night shift Community Disability Service Worker - Bonnyville - Job ID J0718-0146
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Night shift Community Disability Service Worker - Bonnyville
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Bonnyville, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 42-56
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: 7pm to 9am (sleep 11pm - 7am) Week one: Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday Week two: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday 6 awake hours at regular pay, 8 sleep hours at $13.60
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $18.7000 - $21.6300 /Hour
Closing Date: 21/08/2018
Willow House is a home/community-based program housed in a single family residence on a quiet street in Bonnyville, Alberta. WJS Canada provides services in this home for clients with developmental disabilities. Residents rent this home which is close to local restaurants and community resources for easy access. The residents enjoy dining out, shopping, attending movies and birthday parties, and recreational activities such as bowling.
The Town of Bonnyville is located in northeastern Alberta, approximately 240 kilometers (150 miles) from the provincial capital of Edmonton. The Town's motto - "it's Multi-Natural" - refers to the town's celebration of its diverse cultural heritage and rich natural resources. A great place to work, play and raise a family, it provides the perfect mix of community services through health, educational, recreation and cultural facilities. Surrounded by lakes and majestic boreal forest, Bonnyville offers visitors and locals a treasure trove of natural wonders. For more information on living & working in Bonnyville visit: http://town.bonnyville.ab.ca/index.php
The Night Shift Community Disability Service Worker job in Bonnyville is a front-line role who assists persons with complex needs, mental health concerns, and/or developmental disabilities to live in and actively participate in their community. During overnight hours they ensure a consistent, healthy and safe environment for the persons in care and are available to provide immediate support in crisis situations. In the event of an emergent situation sleep staff will be responsible for awake responsibilities.
----Sleep rate of $13.60/hr applies during hours between 11pm and 7am---
In Your Role You Will
• Be aware of the individual’s physical, social and recreational environments, taking action to minimize risks and maximize participation/inclusion.
• Implement person-centered plans designed to support and assist persons in a residential group or private home setting
• Assist individuals to develop personal home living skills or assist with direct care of high needs and/or medically fragile individuals, as required.
• Provides instruction, guidance and support in a helpful and supportive manner.
• Assist and support individuals to participate in a meaningful way in their personal life planning definition of personal goals.
• Model socially appropriate behaviours (for the individual and the community).
• Administer medical administration or first aid, according to prescribed procedures.
• Participates in shift exchanges, staff communication and communication of issues or concerns.
• Maintain required documentation.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Minimum Grade 12
• MANDATORY - One (1) year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, mental health concerns, complex needs, etc.
• MANDATORY - A valid Class 5 Driver License with clear driving abstract and reliable transportation
• Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
• A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and pursue active participation and involvement in the community.
• Skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, etc.
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Disability Support
- Education Assistant
- Foundations in Community Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Social Service
- Social Service Worker Diploma
- Special Needs
To apply click on the link below: