Paid Intern for a Non-profit organization
Position Title: Paid Intern
Hours: Full-time or Part-time
Location: Vancouver, BC
First Steps is a Vancouver-based Christian organization committed to preventing child malnutrition in North Korea through programs that provide essential nutrients to young children. (www.firststepscanada.org)
Would you like to work to improve the lives of women and children in North Korea? As part of our team, you will communicate with donors, write thank you letters, newsletters and social media posts. You will work with our office team of staff and volunteers to gather, manage and organize information relevant to our programs (in Canada or in North Korea). At First Steps if tasks require extra hands everyone pitches in, so having a willingness to help wherever needed is essential!
For the right candidate this intern position could develop into a permanent position.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Help prepare, proof-read and edit written content in a variety of formats
• Create, organize and analyze data
• Research and write concept papers, proposals, fact sheets, etc.
• Work with and supervise volunteers
• Assist with preparations for quarterly visits to North Korea
Skills and Abilities
• You are a confident writer and editor with a strong eye for detail—down to every jot and tittle
• You’re able to plan, prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines without supervision
• Comfortable working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• You’re patient, flexible and have a good attitude
• You understand the sensitive nature of our work and will reflect that in your writing
• You feel comfortable with First Steps’ statement of faith
• You are flexible and willing to help wherever needed and eager and willing to learn new things
• You are able to work in our Vancouver office
If you would like to get involved to help women and children in North Korea, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com