Professor for International University
Want to teach in China while learning culture/language and time to travel?
We are hiring 40+ teachers. Academics in Asia (AIA) is the exclusive recruiting branch of Sias International
University (Sias)! Sias employs the most foreign faculty of any school in China with 130
foreign faculty and 50 dependent spouses and children. Sias is taking applications now for ESL and
Business teachers who would teach from mid-August to mid-June every year. Sias hires 35-45 teachers
every year and refer out 30 more teachers every year to partner schools throughout Asia.
Jobs offer 2-3 months holiday to explore Asia! The holidays are a week in Fall and Spring, 5-7 weeks
long in the Winter and 8 weeks off during the Summer. Get to know us through this intro video:
Watch Intro Video: https://youtu.be/bU-PUsGjAvU
DEADLINE: Please apply by May 1. If you apply before February 1st you will be considered for our
first round of hiring offers. www.academicsinasia.com/apply-now/
Oral English Job Openings:
Approximately 55 of our 132 foreign faculty teach Oral English classes which are offered for Freshman
and Sophomores. Every year we hire about 20 new Oral English Faculty. If you come with a
spouse, he/she may be able to teach one of these classes. Families encouraged to join our faculty!
We have 11 families on staff with children. Learn more: www.academicsinasia.com/oral-english/
Academics Course Openings:
We are looking to hire 10 qualified Business background teachers. Masters Degree or 4+ years of
business experience preferred. Higher salary for higher degrees. See full list of openings here:
We are HIRING!
Sias International University
• Bachelor degree or higher preferred.
• Teaching experience preferred (if you have less than 2-years teaching experience you will need a
• Approved TEFL or similar certificates preferred.
• We give preference to those with international experience, have a history of being a role-model to
students, and are patient and flexible when cultural differences create tension or strain.
• New employees need to be between 21-64 years old
• Airfare to China
• Return Airfare - with completed one year contract
• Medical Care Allowance
• Accident Insurance
• Private Apartment: www.academicsinasia.com/foreign-faculty-housing
• Internet and Utilities Paid
• Three Free Western Meals Per Day: www.academicsinasia.com/food
• Free Weekend Trips: www.academicsinasia.com/culture-trips
• Paid Winter Holiday (7-8 weeks of paid holiday during term)
• Option to sign a 3-year contract providing an extra 2 months paid summer holiday.
• Free Chinese Lessons
• Student Loan Deferment Advice
• Starting salaries range from 4500 - 6500 RMB ($650-900) a month depending on degree attained
and other factors, with annual raises. (In 10 months it’s possible to save $3000 USD). Use this tool to
estimate your savings: www.academicsinasia.com/how-much-could-i-save
• 10 Academic Professors [topics to teach: Cross-Cultural Communication, English Composition,
Marketing, Finance, International Trade, Communication, Management]
• 20 Oral English Teachers: www.academicsinasia.com/oral-english/
• 5 Kindergarten & Elementary Teachers www.academicsinasia.com/sias-university-elementary
• 1 Resident Nurse and Nurse ESL Instructor: www.jobs.academicsinasia.com/jobs/sias-university-
• 20+ Partner School English Teachers (English degree not required) [40 Fall Openings at 8
We have 130 Foreign faculty teachers and 11 Foreign Administrators and 50 dependents (children
and non-working spouses). 22 Families, 10 couples without children and about 70 single teachers.
80% of foreign community are Americans and the rest are Canadian, Filipino, Indian, Jamaican, Hong
Kong, Russian, Japanese, Mexican, Korean and German. See pictures and learn about how much
money you can save: www.academicsinasia.com/employment/
Housing: See pictures: www.academicsinasia.com/foreign-faculty-housing/
Food: Cooks trained by Western Chef for foreign faculty: www.academicsinasia.com/food/
Sias International Campus: See Pictures of the Sias Campus: bit.ly/SIU-Campus
Instagram.com/AcademicsInAsia for stories, pictures and testimonies from current faculty.
Facebook.com/AcademicsInAsia to join an incoming teacher group to learn from our team.
YouTube.com/AcademicsInAsia to hear stories from our teachers and students.
If interested, please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Schools will want to
a copy of your passport, diploma and certificate. To apply, go to www.academicsinasia.com/applynow/.
It is best to apply before March 5th but we often consider applicants through April. The earlier
you apply the more likely you will get a job offer.
Receive the AIA Jobs Update Alerts: http://bit.ly/AlertsSign-Up
AcademicsInAsia.com is the foreign faculty recruiting branch for Sias International University (SIAS),
the first American-owned university in Central China. SIAS has 130 foreign faculty and each year employs
40-50 new faculty. This is the third year AIA is referring teachers to 10+ partner schools. Our
goal is to provide the best orientation and cultural experience for foreign teachers to benefit both the
teacher and the students. This includes new teacher orientation at SIAS for all the partner schools
and pre-arrival culture training called Long-term Impact Training (LIT). Learn more at www.academicsinasia.
com and our partner school openings at www.jobs.academicsinasia.com.
Sias University Contacts: www.academicsinasia.com/meet-the-team/
(The first point of contact for jobs at Sias or
Partner Schools. Send Aaron your application/
Coordinator of Foreign Faculty Recruitment
(Contact for the visa paperwork process)
Coordinator of Foreign Faculty Operations
China Office: +86 371-6260-0860 ext. 5860
(Contact for questions regarding Academic
course content and class schedule)
Foreign Faculty Academic Coordinator
(Contact for questions regarding interviewing)
Faculty Placement Liaison
(Contact about teaching Oral English)
Freshman Oral English Team Leader
(Contact about teaching Oral English, orientation
(Contact about teaching K-12 classes or about
raising children at Sias)
Primary School Team Leader
Gary L. Todd, Ph.D.
(Contact if you have questions about historical
significance of location of Sias University or
about contracts for Ph.D professors).
Professor of History
www.GaryLeeTodd.com (Chinese History)