Refugee Program Associate - World Renew
Refugee Program Associate
This position promotes and contributes to the effective implementation and management of the Refugee Sponsorship and Resettlement Program of World Renew. This is accomplished in compliance with the Sponsorship agreement between World Renew and the Government of Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research country conditions, review refugee sponsorship applications and assess their eligibility under the private sponsorship program; provide written and verbal feedback to sponsors and applicants
- Follow up on sponsorship cases in process and requests for application status updates by reviewing files, the refugee database, and making inquiries with appropriate agencies
- Monitor churches in the settlement of newcomers (second month, ninth month and post the settlement year). Compile monitoring outcomes and best practices/lessons learned.
- Meet with active sponsoring groups regarding private sponsorships to provide updates and information.
- Assist churches and other partners by providing information about refugee arrivals and providing written and verbal guidance on sponsorship and settlement matters
- Be aware of and implement all policy and procedure changes as they relate to private sponsorship and settlement
- Ensure records in the refugee office are complete and kept up to date
- Maintain refugee sponsorship information management spreadsheets and database
- Answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries about private sponsorship and applications in process
- Research, source photos, and prepare written communication materials and resources to promote the refugee program and to support those engaged with sponsorship
- Collect and compile data and assist in writing reports, sponsorship information resources and communications materials for sponsors.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Able to respect and support the mission, vision and values of the CRCNA
- Committed to Christ and able to recognize this position as one that contributes to the work of His Kingdom
- Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment that values diversity and equality, as well as have respectful relationships with others
- Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
- Experience in working with churches is a definite asset
- In-depth knowledge about, and sensitivity to, issues affecting refugee communities, both internationally and in Canada
- Ability to relate cross-culturally is essential
- Ability to use words and photos to communicate a story that inspires people to action
- Demonstrated advanced writing skills with thorough knowledge of the English language, correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and general Business English
- Ability to produce analytical reports
- Disciplined, self-motivated work style; able to function competently and productively with little supervision or in a team setting
- Excellent active listening skills and high attention to detail is required
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office Applications especially MS Word and Excel, with specific experience in database management, queries, and data entry
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with a focus on social justice or related field is preferred
- Two years of work experience is required. Experience related to refugee advocacy, private sponsorship and/or resettlement is a definite asset.
- Experience in developing communications resources and materials for public is an asset
- Prior experience working with diverse partners in program delivery is an asset
More information on the position can be found online: https://worldrenew.net/careers. Candidates interested in applying should do so online, on or before February 24, 2019: https://worldrenew.net/careers.