Youth Pastor, Junior High
This position will be of interest to those with a deep sense of calling and passion for working with teenagers – specifically: Junior High. Although all of the following accountabilities are important, the largest emphasis will be providing leadership to our weekly Junior High programming, connecting with and caring for youth and their families, and participating as a team member to lead teenagers towards a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and an increasing commitment to His mission. This role requires strong competencies in leadership, communication, collaboration, and shepherding.
- Ministry Development & Execution
a. Participation on the Youth Ministry team (Team Lead, Sr. High Pastor, Ministry Assistant) in relation to vision, direction and key results areas of Youth Ministry at SPAC – helping to set objectives and plans to achieve them.
b. Networking with other leaders in related organizations.
c. Focusing all ministry efforts to fulfill our strategy: With the equipping, supporting, and releasing of leaders, SPAC Youth invites teenagers to participate in authentic community, introduces and invites them to follow Jesus, provides environments and opportunities to discover and use their gifts for service, and develops them into leaders of the church.
d. Create partnerships and foster presence with SCA as well as develop inroads into our other junior high schools to reach as many teens as possible within our region.
- Junior High Youth Programming
a. Leadership in the ministry area of grades 7-8 including check in/welcome process, curriculum and teaching, execution of youth programming and activities, and providing oversight to our small group ministry.
b. Will be an innovative leader, looking for new and unique ways to reach and minister to junior high students. Will have a clear understanding of scripture, and ability to communicate it, and effectively connect/apply it to the lives of junior high students.
c. The shepherding of junior high families and volunteers during programming, and weekend services.
d. In partnership with the Senior High Youth Pastor, provide oversight to the "Ministry Support Volunteer" and "Program" teams.
e. Collaboration with the Kid’s Ministry department to effectively transition grade 6 students to Junior High.
- Lay Leadership Development
a. On an ongoing basis, the Junior High Pastor will recruit, develop and equip and release volunteer leaders to carry out the Junior High Ministry.
b. Ensure that volunteer leaders receive regular pastoral support and care, as well as ministry specific equipping and training.
a. In cooperation with the Youth Ministries Assistant, will be responsible and accountable for the administrative tasks related to programing and volunteer coordination. Also responsible for communication of the ministry such as email, phone calls, and social media.
- General Pastoral Duties:
a. Engaging with teaching opportunities at our church.
b. Pastoral care and counselling, primarily to those in your area of ministry.
c. Leading when called upon in rites of the church including weddings, funerals, child dedications, baptisms and communion.
d. Active participation in staff prayer times and meetings.
- Professional Development:
a. The Pastor will engage in the leadership development program.
b. The Pastor will pursue licensing and ordination if not yet completed.
- The Pastor will at times be called on to be part of special projects and other duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Theological training or equivalent
- Working Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week) Reports to: Youth Pastor, Team Lead
- Special notes
- Committed to supporting the core values and modeling core practices of the church.
- Follow and live by the "Rule of Life" adopted by the entire SPAC staff, and adhere to the policies and procedures of the "Staff Handbook".
- Completion of Abuse Prevention Training, and a clear Vulnerable Records Check.
- Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.If this opportunity interests you or you know someone who may be a good fit email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org