Wildnorth - Volunteer Internship
Deadline: April 02, 2018
Deadline: April 2, 2018 or until suitable candidate(s) found
Position: Wildlife Education Intern
Time Period: Flexible start date in April, through August 31st Number of Positions Available: Up to 3
Hours: Flexible (8-24 hours per week)
WILDNorth is seeking enthusiastic people who love wildlife, the outdoors, and are committed to educating the public about the importance of coexisting with wildlife.
WILDNorth is a non-partisan, charitable organization that provides compassionate care for injured and orphaned wildlife and educates the public on the importance of wildlife in our community. We provide a high standard of care to a wide variety of native and migratory species. WILDNorth’s WILDEd Program reaches over 7000 people each year.
Working under the supervision of the WILDEd Manager, interns will assist with the following:
- Deliver pre-determined in-class science presentations to elementary students
- Help children to have a positive and enriching experience at camp (July 23-27 and August 20-24); assist with activities and lead games
- Assist WILDEd Manager with various duties within the WILDEd Program.
Interns are required to follow all WILDNorth policy, procedures and protocols
- Good communication, interpersonal, and public speaking skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to be motivated, flexible and patient
- Experience with children (whether personal or professional)
- Knowledgeable in science and nature topics
- Must be 18 years of age or older, some preference may be given to those 21 years of age or older
- Must have own transportation
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Persons
- Must provide references
- Experience with outdoor activities (hiking, camping, etc.)
- Experience with wildlife identification by sight and sound
- Experience with children’s programming and/or childcare
- First Aid
- Childcare certification
All positions are voluntary, NO salary is offered. Housing and transportation is not provided.
Benefits & skill development for the Intern
- Environmental Education experience
- Further your career or educational goals
- Orientation and training provided
- Learning job skills and team work
- Mentorship and friendships with like-minded people
- Certificate of completion of internship provided
- FILL in this application form
- Answer ALL QUESTIONS
- Gather all your curriculum vitae (resume)
- Respond to the confirmation email with your resume/CV and references.
- All correspondence MUST be via email
- NOTE: You will only be contacted IF you were selected for an interview no later than April 3. Please understand that we are terribly busy. Be patient.
- DO NOT CALL OUR HOTLINE. This is for wildlife calls ONLY. The internship program coordinator works at another office.
WILDNorth’s staff thanks you for your interest in our volunteer internship program. All applicants will go through an application, screening and interview process followed by orientation, in class training and onsite training to be successful in their position.